All of Grace by Charles Spurgeon

All of Grace (edition 2013)

by Charles Spurgeon

Member:Kirk1810
Title:All of Grace
Authors:Charles Spurgeon
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2013), Paperback, 54 pages
Collections:Salvation / The Gospel

All of Grace by Charles Spurgeon

I started out well, but despite repeatedly seeing the words "little book" in the text, after a while, reading this at one sitting, I found myself having trouble keeping my focus on what the author was saying.

Some illustrations and quotes did strike me and I noted those in the sections on Shelfari's book page. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
This is a relatively short, simple, very very clear presentation of the evangelical gospel by one who has been called the prince of preachers. it is of benefit to be be read and understood by all. ( )
  vanjr | Oct 4, 2015 |
The Righteousness of God
In this short book Spurgeon exposes the meaning of God's grace and its effects in the life of men and women that answered his calling. The obstacles faced by the christian when he pursues God's will are overcomed by faith and this is a expression of God's grace. Our sins can be subdued when we experience God's grace. This gift from God makes us righteous, provides reconciliation with our holy God and gives us peace. A clear and illuminated exposition about a central article of christian faith. ( )
  MarcusBastos | Jul 30, 2015 |
The first thing that surprised me about this book (I listened to the audiobook version) was the very formal use of language. This book is a good example of how differently people used to write, in such a way as would seem elitist now. I have become so used to "accessible" language that it's interested to hear the literary equivalent of old-fashioned BBC language.

It is also fascinating to hear an account that predates our recognition of so many varied religions. The argument for belief in Christ rests entirely on our willingness to accept Him into our lives. Not for a moment does Spurgeon seem to consider the possibility that the reader might question why the Bible should be considered as truth or that the Bible might be considered of no more weight than any other religious book. Christ existed. We know this; we know the Bible is true. End of story. The belief that all religion might be "fantasy" is clearly not one that the author even considers in his attempt to convert the reader.

Additionally, he is clearly of WASP origins because he talks about a relationship with God. The church, as an entity, does not appear to enter into the picture at all, and there is absolutely no attempt at discussion of how disagreement with a church might affect faith. The Bible alone is considered, not any intermediary on earth.

As an argument for faith, by today's standards it's enormously full of holes. But for me its fascination lies in its portrayal of a different era, when Christianity was not only dominant but apparently unquestioned. ( )
  mandochild | Jan 7, 2011 |

This is an electronic edition of the complete book complemented by author biography. This book features the table of contents linked to every chapter. The book was designed for optimal navigation on the Kindle, PDA, Smartphone, and other electronic readers. It is formatted to display on all electronic devices including the Kindle, Smartphones and other Mobile Devices with a small display.

************

More e-Books from MobileReference - Best Books. Best Price. Best Search and Navigation (TM)

All fiction books are only $0.99. All collections are only $5.99.

Search for any title, enter MobileReference and keyword; for example: MobileReference Shakespeare
To view all books, click on the MobileReference link next to a book title

Literary Classics: Over 4,000 complete works by Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Mark Twain, Conan Doyle, Jules Verne, Dostoevsky, Alexandre Dumas, and other authors

Religion: The Illustrated King James Bible, American Standard Bible, World English Bible (Modern Translation), Mormon Church's Sacred Texts

Travel Guides, Maps, and Phrasebooks: FREE 25 Language Phrasebook, New York, Paris, London, Rome, Venice, Florence, Prague, Bangkok, Greece, Portugal, Israel - Travel Guides for all major cities and national parks

Medicine: Human Anatomy and Physiology, Pharmacology, Medical Abbreviations and Terminology, Human Nervous System, Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry - Quick-Study Guides for most medical/nursing school classes

Science: FREE Periodic Table of Elements, FREE Weight and Measures, Physics Formulas and Tables, Math Formulas and Tables, Statistics - Quick-Study Guides for every College class

Humanities: English Grammar and Punctuation, Rhetoric and Composition, Philosophy, Psychology, Greek and Roman Mythology

History: Art History, American Presidents, European History, U.S. History, American Cinema, 100 Most Influential People of All Times

Health: FREE Hangover Remedy, Acupressure Guide, First Aid Guide, Diabetes Care, Asthma Care

Reference: Encyclopedia - the World's Biggest English Encyclopedia. 1.5 Million Articles. CIA World Factbook - detailed info and maps for over 270 countries

Self-Improvement: Art of Love, Cookbook, Cocktails and Drinking Games, Feng Shui, Astrology, Chess Guide

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:04 -0400)

"Meet me in heaven" is Charles Spurgeon's invitation in All of Grace --a clear, simple explanation of God's absolutely free gift of salvation. The great Baptist minister, known as "the prince of preachers," explains the gospel with illustrations, stories, and the plain truth of God's Word. This nineteenth-century classic--said to be Spurgeon's all-time bestseller--is presented in a lightly updated, freshly typeset volume sure to encourage believers and seekers alike.… (more)

Bridge Logos

An edition of this book was published by Bridge Logos.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,512,784 books! | Top bar: Always visible