Nightseer by Laurell K. Hamilton

Nightseer (original 1992; edition 1992)

by Laurell K. Hamilton

Member:windwhisp
Title:Nightseer
Authors:Laurell K. Hamilton
Info:Roc (1992), Paperback, 304 pages

Nightseer by Laurell K. Hamilton (1992)

The story revolves around noble half-elf Keleios Nightseer, skilled prophet and master enchanter. Upon reaching adulthood, Keleois found herself gifted with the power of sorcery, and so she was forced to relinquish her master status and return to the magic school at Zeln's Keep to learn to control her new power. Hamilton has created yet another fascinating world that her readers can immerse themselves in. Though there are some flaws in the plot, it is on the whole a very impressive first effort. I do wish there were not so many loose ends left dangling when the book came to a close, but this didn't take away from my enjoyment of the book as a whole. "Nightseer" is a fun-filled romp through a wild and wonderful world of dragons, sorcerers, witches and demons, and it is most certainly worth reading! ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Despite having many flaws , It is entertaining and fun to read. It is one of Laurell K. Hamilton's earlier works, so don't let the author's name discourage you , if her later works are not your cup of tea. ( )
  toofan23 | Feb 21, 2016 |
I really liked this story, and I would like to see Laurell K. Hamilton go back and write more in this universe, but since she's gone fully into the BDSM poly world, I don't think she'll ever go back to a normal fantasy world ( )
  Schlyne | Nov 12, 2015 |
Don't like the writing, don't like the main character - she was annoying me. There's no flow. Altogether disappointing. I'm not rating this because I didn't read the whole thing and don't think I should rate a book I haven't read but it should say something that this is on my "unfinished" shelf. There are very few books that I won't suffer through.
  CherieReads | Sep 23, 2013 |
This book was fantastic. I loved it even though the author throws you right in the middle of a story and then just ends as abruptly as it begins. I really wish that she would've kept the story going. She had alot to build on. I would definately recomend this book especially if you are already a fan of Laurell K. Hamilton. It has everything a fantasy reader could want, demons, evil witchs, elves, warriors, and a cat that is not quite a cat. ( )
  demonite93 | Jul 20, 2011 |
To Laura Gentry, my gradmother, who read to me as often as I asked.
Prophecy begins with a child's nightmare.

Kelios "Nightseer" is an accomplished Enchanter and adventurer-- or was until her dream-prophecy magic awakened and she had to return to her alma mater in order to learn how to control it. When prophecy hits, Kelios is already in the midst of the trouble, involving her friends, her school, her teachers, local politicians and noblemen, spectres from her past, and many demons.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451451430, Mass Market Paperback)

Keleios the Half-Elf was but five years old when she saw her mother murdered by the evil witch Harque. For years she has asked the gods for the strength she'll need to avenge this foul death, and it seems the gods have answered her. She's been granted an array of powers never before seen in one person, but she has also acquired a most terrifying burden, a demonmark. This mark can open the door to undreamed abilities, but it can also open her soul to the forbidden dark side of magic. Keleios must choose between the demonmark's tainted power and the lives of those she holds most dear.

In an epic battle of good versus evil, of enchanted swords and shapeshifting dragons, of unquenchable hatred and unlikely love, Keleios must face her own demons—before she can acquire the most important power of all: the power to forgive.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:31 -0400)

An evil witch murdered her mother when she was only five, but now that Keleios has grown into her own magical powers, revenge will be sweet. But with that power comes the dreaded demonmark, offering undreamed of abilities and luring her with the dark side of magic. Is avenging her mother's death worth sacrificing her soul?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,187,624 books! | Top bar: Always visible