Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Thirteen Reasons Why (edition 2011)

by Jay Asher

Member:jshepherd929
Title:Thirteen Reasons Why
Authors:Jay Asher
Info:Razorbill (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Rating:*****

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

English (456)  German (4)  Italian (2)  French (2)  Dutch (1)  Hungarian (1)  Spanish (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (468)
Dieses Buch hat mich zutiefst berührt, sprachlos und nachdenklich zurückgelassen. Ich glaube nicht, dass es mich in absehbarer Zeit wieder los lassen wird. Ich bin nicht der Typ, der besonders gut im Rezensionen schreiben ist; besonders wenn es sich um positive Kritiken handelt, wird es extrem schwierig. Deswegen weise ich lieber noch einmal auf die Rezension hin, die mich dazu gebracht hat, dieses Hörbuch auszuleihen: http://lokuszeit.heldenblog.net/?p=354. ( )
  Telaara_Dunwin | Aug 10, 2014 |
  aweinel | Jul 14, 2014 |
This book makes you think about how your actions can affect other people and how it makes them feel. 5Q3P, (sadly I think this book isn't as popular as it should be). The cover art is awesome and I'd recommend it to middle school and high school students as well as adults. I chose to read this book because I heard about it from other people that it was good and have been waiting to get a chance to read it. BreB
  edspicer | Jul 5, 2014 |
This book is about a girl named Hannah who committed suicide, and also about the narrator named Clay.

I have a love/hate relationship with this book because I find the story very unique and riveting. I could not put the book down and I stayed up all night reading the book.

There’s something about this book that makes me want to keep turning the pages to find out the ending real quick. The characters in the story compliments each other in a dark and creepy way,

which makes the book interesting.On the other hand the thing that bothers me about this book is the fact that she committed suicide, it just makes me so uneasy that someone commits suicide at such a young age.

I know that this is a real and on going issue withing teenagers and that the problems presented in this book may sound shallow for someone to commit suicide. But bullying and sexual harassment/advances are big

issues that most teenagers faces and in a lot of cases they tend to just keep quiet and keep to themselves because they are afraid of what people would think of them or that people would judge them instead of helping and

understanding. This book can help raise awareness on the issues such as suicide, bullying, rape among students. And hopefully by raising awareness we can prevent suicide among the teenage population.

All in all its a really good book and very well written. ( )
  ladyangelica | Jun 27, 2014 |
This book is an absolute page-turner! It's a really emotional book and an astounding too. It's a tough-but-must-read! ( )
  PamZaragoza | Jun 27, 2014 |

Jay Asherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Johnstone, JoelNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wiseman, DebraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For JoanMarie
"Sir?" she repeats. "How soon do you want it to get there?"
But if I wanted a reminder, I could’ve made copies of the tapes or saved the map. But I never want to hear those tapes again, though her voice will never leave my head. And the houses, the streets, and the high school will always be there to remind me.
I hope you’re ready, because I’m about to tell you the story of my life. More specifically, why my life ended. And if you’re listening to these tapes, you’re one of the reasons why.
I would have helped her if she’d only let me. I would have helped her because I want her to be alive.
Who am I going to see today? Besides me, eight people at this school have already listened to the tapes. Eight people, today, are waiting to see what the tapes have done to me. And over the next week or so, as the tapes move on, I’ll be doing the same to the rest of them.
''After all, how often do we get a second chance?''

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159514188X, Paperback)

Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a strange package with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers several cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker - his classmate and crush - who committed suicide two weeks earlier. Hannah's voice tells him that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out why. Clay spends the night crisscrossing his town with Hannah as his guide. He becomes a firsthand witness to Hannah's pain, and learns the truth about himself-a truth he never wanted to face.

Thirteen Reasons Why is the gripping, addictive international bestseller that has changed lives the world over. It's an unrelenting modern classic.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:26 -0400)

When high school student Clay Jenkins receives a box in the mail containing thirteen cassette tapes recorded by his classmate Hannah, who committed suicide, he spends a bewildering and heartbreaking night crisscrossing their town, listening to Hannah's voice recounting the events leading up to her death.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,152,156 books! | Top bar: Always visible