Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Thirteen Reasons Why (edition 2011)

by Jay Asher

Member:mhousel
Title:Thirteen Reasons Why
Authors:Jay Asher
Info:Razorbill (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 336 pages
Rating:**

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

English (522)  German (4)  Italian (2)  French (2)  Dutch (1)  Hungarian (1)  Spanish (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (534)
I fell in love with this book instantly! I could no put this book down! This book puts a lot of perspective on the little things that you do that affect those around you. Some things are big, and some things are little, but everything you do has some sort of effect. This is an excellent book for high school students.
  BrittanySchupman | Jul 24, 2016 |
this book is about a young girl that killed herself and voice recordings of reasons why she killed herself. They were passed around to different people to listen to all of the tapes and then pass them on.

This hit me on an emotional level really hard because the things that pushed this girl to commit suicide happen to people daily.

I would definitely read this with an older age group that can grasp the concept and emotionally stand the book.
  Franki3 | Jul 20, 2016 |
This book was a thought provoking look at the impact that actions have on another life. Told from the perspective of two young adults, Mr. Asher captures the "voices" of these young people and brings to life their struggle to make sense of how they "fit in". A powerful read that would certainly spawn many a conversation about some tough topics ( )
  paulaboy | Jul 18, 2016 |
Good book. Very sad and scary to think that this sort of thing happens to teenagers every day. ( )
  PriPri77 | Jun 23, 2016 |
Very powerful. Will make you rethink how you treat everyone you come in contact with. ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |

Jay Asherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Johnstone, JoelNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wiseman, DebraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For JoanMarie
"Sir?" she repeats. "How soon do you want it to get there?"
But if I wanted a reminder, I could’ve made copies of the tapes or saved the map. But I never want to hear those tapes again, though her voice will never leave my head. And the houses, the streets, and the high school will always be there to remind me.
I hope you’re ready, because I’m about to tell you the story of my life. More specifically, why my life ended. And if you’re listening to these tapes, you’re one of the reasons why.
I would have helped her if she’d only let me. I would have helped her because I want her to be alive.
Who am I going to see today? Besides me, eight people at this school have already listened to the tapes. Eight people, today, are waiting to see what the tapes have done to me. And over the next week or so, as the tapes move on, I’ll be doing the same to the rest of them.
''After all, how often do we get a second chance?''

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159514188X, Paperback)

Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a strange package with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers several cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker - his classmate and crush - who committed suicide two weeks earlier. Hannah's voice tells him that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out why. Clay spends the night crisscrossing his town with Hannah as his guide. He becomes a firsthand witness to Hannah's pain, and learns the truth about himself-a truth he never wanted to face.

Thirteen Reasons Why is the gripping, addictive international bestseller that has changed lives the world over. It's an unrelenting modern classic.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:59 -0400)

When high school student Clay Jenkins receives a box in the mail containing thirteen cassette tapes recorded by his classmate Hannah, who committed suicide, he spends a bewildering and heartbreaking night crisscrossing their town, listening to Hannah's voice recounting the events leading up to her death.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,586,990 books! | Top bar: Always visible