Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Thirteen Reasons Why (edition 2011)

by Jay Asher

Member:mhousel
Title:Thirteen Reasons Why
Authors:Jay Asher
Info:Razorbill (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 336 pages
Rating:**

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

English (521)  German (4)  Italian (2)  French (2)  Dutch (1)  Hungarian (1)  Spanish (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (533)
Good book. Very sad and scary to think that this sort of thing happens to teenagers every day. ( )
  PriPri77 | Jun 23, 2016 |
Very powerful. Will make you rethink how you treat everyone you come in contact with. ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
The book's idea is very innovative and capturing. The book explains the successive reasons that led to the suicide of a teenager through 13 cassettes recorded by her. It also shows how fragile teenagers can be to their environment. Although it is clear in the book that there is no one reason for her suicide, but instead there is a cumulative of reasons, in my opinion the cumulative is not substantial. It would have been more convincing if the author chose more dramatic and convincing reasons. ( )
  LaraSaad | Jun 20, 2016 |
This didn't grab me the way I thought it would. ( )
  mmacd3814 | May 30, 2016 |
I don't like Young Adult fiction much. But still thought of reading this.
Story of a girl who finds it difficult to cope with the people around her at the new place and decides to end her life but before that she records the incidents that made her to end her life.
13 reasons. 13 Cassettes. She sends those to the people who were the 13 reasons.
I didn't find those 13 reasons so life threatening, but who am i to decide that!!
The reasons were stupid enough to a courageous person but may be our heroin was not so brave. Well her cassettes left a guilt on 13 people (to what extent idk)
A plot very different held me through the book.
  PallaviSharma | May 9, 2016 |

Jay Asherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Johnstone, JoelNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wiseman, DebraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For JoanMarie
"Sir?" she repeats. "How soon do you want it to get there?"
But if I wanted a reminder, I could’ve made copies of the tapes or saved the map. But I never want to hear those tapes again, though her voice will never leave my head. And the houses, the streets, and the high school will always be there to remind me.
I hope you’re ready, because I’m about to tell you the story of my life. More specifically, why my life ended. And if you’re listening to these tapes, you’re one of the reasons why.
I would have helped her if she’d only let me. I would have helped her because I want her to be alive.
Who am I going to see today? Besides me, eight people at this school have already listened to the tapes. Eight people, today, are waiting to see what the tapes have done to me. And over the next week or so, as the tapes move on, I’ll be doing the same to the rest of them.
''After all, how often do we get a second chance?''

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159514188X, Paperback)

Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a strange package with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers several cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker - his classmate and crush - who committed suicide two weeks earlier. Hannah's voice tells him that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out why. Clay spends the night crisscrossing his town with Hannah as his guide. He becomes a firsthand witness to Hannah's pain, and learns the truth about himself-a truth he never wanted to face.

Thirteen Reasons Why is the gripping, addictive international bestseller that has changed lives the world over. It's an unrelenting modern classic.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:59 -0400)

When high school student Clay Jenkins receives a box in the mail containing thirteen cassette tapes recorded by his classmate Hannah, who committed suicide, he spends a bewildering and heartbreaking night crisscrossing their town, listening to Hannah's voice recounting the events leading up to her death.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,856,937 books! | Top bar: Always visible