The Secret by Rhonda Byme

Authors:Rhonda Byme
Info:
Collections:Favorites
Tags:Spirituality

The Secret by Rhonda Byrne (2006)

Recently added byPsyGlenn, leporej, NewAlbinLibrary, private library, KUglbtq, buddahlady, cammed, SageKnight

English (130)  Spanish (3)  German (2)  Portuguese (1)  Swedish (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Dutch (1)  Arabic (1)  Finnish (1)  Lithuanian (1)  All languages (142)
I could have given this book any stars from 1 to 5 stars seriously given how controversial the book is.

1) The book content is 183 pages long but due to the numerous blank space and large font, the book is really only 100 pages long and can be read in 1-2 hours.

2) This book is basically a ripoff of other titles. but no doubt, the author got lots of other authors to come in and comments. Notice I use 'comments' not contribute.

3) There are some fundamentally dangerous ideas which maybe harmful to anyone. like telling people they can heal themselves from diseases with positive thinking only.

4) Author earns a lot from the book and told us to believe on abundance. she told us not to be competitive. But other books may tell you otherwise ( )
  Jason.Ong.Wicky | Oct 9, 2018 |
I felt this book really opened up my eyes to being more positive and realistic at times. It I felt has somewhat given me more control over my life and has made me come to the realization that I can have more control over things in my life. I don't necessarily agree with all things that have been written in this book but a great deal has made me happier and more understanding in certain areas and aspects in life. ( )
  Chelz286 | Aug 26, 2018 |
Mediocre writing, important information, somewhat misleading ( )
  CarmaSpence | Jul 26, 2018 |
The Secret has been getting a lot of criticism as of late. Personally, I'm wary of anything that Oprah endorses. That lady scares me and gives me a hell of a lot of pause; nevertheless, this was a good book.

People bash it saying it's cheesy, saying that it's promoting a bunch of bunk. However much they choose to speak out against it, I really didn't see anything wrong in it. I fancy myself a fairly logically minded individual, and I found The Secret to pretty much be promoting the old Leary adage of "Your Mind is God." Is there anything wrong with that? No. Is there anything destructive that's going to come out of that? Not at all. In fact, it should be working pretty well to improve people's lives and make them more positively minded individuals.

So, all in all I really liked it. The only thing that I didn't enjoy in regards to it was the way the book itself was formatted. The constant quoting distracted from the overall message for me and made it feel too much like it was just promoting a product. I mean, man, I dig the product already. You don't have to constantly keep trying to convince me to like something I already like! ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
The Secret really is where you get the saying "be careful what you wish for". But maybe there is something to the Law of Attraction. I've had some really cool things come to me that could be a result of using The Secret - contest winnings - a bike, a trip etc. and some cool business endeavours. One thing the book does say is not to concentrate on what you don't want (the Law of Attraction does not recognize negatives) and to not wish too hard as then you are not truly believing it so it won't work. If nothing else (and for the skeptics out there), The Secret is a great book about living life better through positive thinking and there is no harm done to put it into practice, just realize that you have to put some work into life to make it better. (Whatever that may be!) ( )
  Jane-Phillips | Nov 27, 2017 |
“The Secret” is not really a book but a series of misquotations from historical figures and fraudulent maxims from no-count hucksters. And yet something in that gooey red waxy seal on the front of “The Secret,” and the book’s believe-in-magic glitter, takes me to a happy place.

As above, so below.
As within, so without.

The Emerald Tablet, circa 3000 BC
Dedicated to You

May The Secret bring you love and
joy for your entire existence.

That is my intention for you,
and for the world.
A year ago, my life had collapsed around me.
The most common thought that people hold [about fat], and I held it too, is that food was responsible for my weight gain. That is a belief that does not serve you, and in my mind now it is complete balderdash! Food is not responsible for putting on weight. It is your thought that food is responsible for putting on weight that actually has food put on weight.
If you see people who are overweight, do not observe them, but immediately switch your mind to the picture of you in your perfect body and feel it.
This is the book; do not combine with the documentary film.
tr bestaat een eeuwenoud Geheim: The Secret. Het werd gezocht, gevonden en weer verloren, het is gestolen en voor vee] geld doorverkocht. Tot nu tot-was kennis van dit Geheim voorbehouden aan een kleine kring van ingewijden, Plato, Galiieo en Einstein kenden The Secret, net als de succesvolste uitvinders, denkers en ondernemers in de geschiedenis. Dat juist zij de wereld konden veranderen is geen toeval... ; '.->" '. ''':. ":"?" •• -/f./*.*
Zij begrepen dat, net zoals er atoomkracht schuilt in een korrel zand, er " ook in ieder van ons een ontzagwekkend vermogen schuilt - een verborgen; kracht waarmee je wensen werkelijkheid kunnen worden. Oude en moderne meesters onthullen in dit boek hoe zij The Secret hebben ontvangen en toegepast in hun leven. Hoe zij alle tegenslagen konden overwinnen en rijkdom en succes verwerven die ze niet voor mogelijk hadden gehouden.
• >'• .;.,...
Zij willen dit Geheim nu delen met jou.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 074356619X, Audio CD)

YOU HOLD IN YOUR HANDS A GREAT SECRET.

It has been passed down through the ages, highly coveted, hidden, lost, stolen, and bought for vast sums of money. Fragments of this Great Secret have been found in the oral traditions, in literature, in religions and philosophies throughout the centuries. It has been understood by some of the most prominent people in history: Plato, Galileo, Beethoven, Edison, Carnegie, and Einstein, along with other renowned inventors, theologians, scientists, and great thinkers.

For the first time, all the pieces of The Secret come together in an incredible revelation that will be life transforming for all who experience it.

In this audiobook you will discover The Secret . . . and you will learn how to have, do, or be anything you want. You will learn how to use The Secret in every single area of your life. You will hear from modern-day teachers -- men and women who have used The Secret to achieve health, prosperity, relationships and happiness. They share their incredible stories of using The Secret to eradicate disease, acquire massive wealth, overcome obstacles, and achieve what many would regard as impossible. Through them, you will begin to understand the hidden, untapped power that is within you, and the true magnificence that awaits you in life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:57 -0400)

Argues that The Secret, a way of thinking, has been found in oral traditions throughout history and that by understanding it and using it in every aspect of life, money, health, and happiness will follow.Fragments of a Great Secret have been found in the oral traditions, in literature, in religions and philosophies throughout the centuries. For the first time, all the pieces of The Secret come together in an incredible revelation that will be life-transforming for all who experience it. In this book, you'll learn how to use The Secret in every aspect of your life -- money, health, relationships, happiness, and in every interaction you have in the world. You'll begin to understand the hidden, untapped power that's within you, and this revelation can bring joy to every aspect of your life. The Secret contains wisdom from modern-day teachers -- men and women who have used it to achieve health, wealth, and happiness. By applying the knowledge of The Secret, they bring to light compelling stories of eradicating disease, acquiring massive wealth, overcoming obstacles, and achieving what many would regard as impossible. -- Book jacket.… (more)

Beyond Words Publishing

6 editions of this book were published by Beyond Words Publishing.

Editions: 1582701709, 074356619X, 1582701962, 0743571789, 158270208X, 1582702160

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,833,982 books! | Top bar: Always visible