The Vegetables We Eat by Gail Gibbons

The Vegetables We Eat

by Gail Gibbons

Glossy red peppers; lush, leafy greens; plump, orange pumpkins; and delectable little peas: vegetables come in many shapes, colors, and forms. ( )
  SaraLancon | Apr 17, 2017 |
This is an informational book about vegetables, it talks about the different colors and sizes vegetables come in.
Ages: 4-8
Source: Pierce College Library ( )
  karlaaldama | Mar 21, 2017 |
This book is very informational for young readers. It tells them how vegetables come in different sizes, shapes and forms, as well as different colors. This book shows children how to grow your own garden and how we get vegetables from the garden to the table for eating.

Ages: 4-8
Source: Pierce County Library System ( )
  Maria_Zaldivar | Mar 13, 2017 |
Informational book on all the different kinds of vegetables and how they are grown. ( )
  Bevareyes | Mar 9, 2017 |
This book has so much information in it that I would probably save this for an upper level reader, maybe around third or forth grade. It definitely lets the children know how vegetables are produced and who produces them. It lets them know that there are eight different vegetable groups: leaf, bulb, flower bud, root, tuber, stem, fruit, and seed. It also gives examples of each. I personally like this book for children because it gives information about rare vegetables that most kid won't know about. For example is says, "More than half of the world's soybeans are grown in the United States". I thought that was really cool because I learned something new too! I would recommend this book! ( )
  bbrelet | Jan 31, 2017 |

Who knew there were so many different kinds of vegetables? From glossy red peppers to lush, leafy greens to plump orange pumpkins, vegetables are explored in depth in this fascinating picture book that clearly explains the many vegetable varieties, how they are grown, and why they are so good for us to eat.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:39 -0400)

Illustrations and simple text describe the various vegetables people eat.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,910,770 books! | Top bar: Always visible