Small Favor (The Dresden Files, Book 10) by…

Small Favor (The Dresden Files, Book 10) (edition 2008)

by Jim Butcher

Member:carolina_reader
Title:Small Favor (The Dresden Files, Book 10)
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:Roc Hardcover (2008), Hardcover, 432 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fantasy, series

Small Favor by Jim Butcher

English (111)  Dutch (1)  All languages (112)
As usual a good romp. Its nice to see Harry grow as a man and a wizard.some of my favorite characters were present in this one which is always a plus. I think I would like to read all about Thomas though...( you will know what I am talking about if you KNOW Thomas), Maybe I'll send a note to Mr. Butcher....:)

OH I will read on. The fact the each book has a beginning, middle and END are huge. And yes...there is a much bigger picture but its not the end all. ( )
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |

jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
Queen Mab wants Harry to find Marcone who was kidnapped by the Denarians. Denarians also get Ivy. Luccio and Harry sleep together, Murphy thinks it is a bad idea. We learn about New Mexico. Molly isn't an incompetent twit. Michael is hurt badly. Mouse doesn't like the Denarians. Uncharted creepy islands out in middle of Lake Michigan. Traitors in Denarian ranks as well as in Marcone's organization, probably Demeter. Billy Goats Gruff from Summer Court are after Harry too, Mab took away Harry's memories of fire to prevent them from using it to track him. ( )
  librarycatnip | Jan 12, 2015 |
Wonderful continuation of the Dresden saga....Butcher very cleverly includes most of the major players in a thrilling plot of good (Dresden & Michael) versus evil (Nicodemus & The Summer Court). This one continues the suspense building in the past several novels of the overall saga. ( )
  utbw42 | Dec 10, 2014 |
  raselyem7 | Aug 30, 2014 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For the forum going fans at jim-butcher.com. I'm pretty sure your bosses would be upset if they saw your posting stats, guys, but I won't tell if you won't.
Winter came early that year; it should have been a tip-off.
I ask people impertinent questions . . . Hopefully turning up pertinent answers.
Humanity, when frightened and angry, is a force even the supernatural world does not wish to reckon with.

From the book flap

Harry Dresden's life finally seems to be calming down. The White Council's war with the vampiric Red Court has reached a period of tentative peace, no one has tried to kill him for almost an entire year, and the worst problem he's had lately is working out how to remove the stains on his carpeting. For once, the future looks bright.

But the past casts on hell of a long shadow.

An old bargain has placed Harry in debt to Mab, monarch of the Winter Court of the Sidhe, the Queen of Air and Darkness - and she's calling in her marker. Dresden still owes the Winter Queen two favors, and it's time to pay one of them off. Just one small favor he can't refuse - one that will trap Harry Dresden between a nightmarish foe and an equally deadly ally and strain his skills and loyalties to their very limits.

It figures. Everything was going too well to last...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451462009, Mass Market Paperback)

THE New York Times Bestseller

Harry Dresden?s life finally seems to be calming down?until a shadow from the past returns. Mab, monarch of the Sidhe Winter Court, calls in an old favor from Harry?one small favor that will trap him between a nightmarish foe and an equally deadly ally, and that will strain his skills?and loyalties?to their very limits.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:50 -0400)

Chicago wizard Harry Dresden's calm life is interrupted when Mab, monarch of the Winter Court of the Sidhe, decides to call in a favor that Harry owes her, sending him on a quest that leaves him trapped between a deadly foe and an untrustworthy ally.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,563,433 books! | Top bar: Always visible