Dirty Blonde by Lisa Scottoline

Dirty Blonde

by Lisa Scottoline

(3) 2006 (6) 2007 (5) 2009 (4) audio (6) audiobook (6) crime (9) crime fiction (6) ebook (3) fiction (49) judge (5) lawyers (5) legal (12) legal fiction (5) legal thriller (20) library (3) Lisa Scottoline (4) murder (7) mystery (68) Mystery/Thriller (4) novel (4) own (6) Philadelphia (12) read (18) read in 2006 (3) signed (3) suspense (16) thriller (13) to-read (11) unread (8)

Eh, I was glad I listened to this one in the car. I probably wouldn't have finished it if I'd picked up the book. One a bright note, the ending was my favorite part of the audiobook (and not just because it was over!). I didn't expect whodunnit, and I was surprised by Kate's best friend's bombshell near the end of the story. ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |
An entertaining story that does not suffer from inactivity, rather from believability. Too much, too fast, too tidy in the end. ( )
  Conkie | Aug 3, 2012 |
Cate Fante is a compassionate judge with a dark side that gets her into hot water and affects her judicial ability. Well written and an easy read, but the ending, while coming up roses for all concerned, was to me, unrealistic. Otherwise an enjoyable trip into the world of law, lawyers and judges. ( )
  bobaloo624u | Jul 26, 2012 |
Listened to in the car, which is a great place to listen to stories you don't have to give too much thought to the beauty of the writing, or ones that are so suspenseful you end up flooring the engine because you are so caught up in it. This type of book is perfect -- a decent story, some suspense, a good interplay between the characters, a really good voice actor, and a nice touch of humor and information. I think I like listening to Scottoline better than reading the books, because my TBR pile is so huge that this gives everything a fair chance. The gals of the Rosato & Associates law firm are good, but I like the stand-alones much better. ( )
  bookczuk | Jun 9, 2012 |
Best Scottoline book i've read. Twists and turns in plot were fascinating. I didn't want it to end. ( )
  Jeanperry | Jul 6, 2011 |

Scottoline, Lisaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cantoni, Elenasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rosenblat, BarbaraReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Laura
Cate Fante was the guest of honor at this celebration, which was drawing to a liquified close.

This book was a bit slow off the mark. If it had continued with dialog from a courtroom trial I would never have finished it!!! Luckily she picked up the pace and things got exciting as they always seem to and it turned out to be a really first rate book!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060742917, Mass Market Paperback)

Cate Fante is strong and sexy and wears designer suits like overpriced armor. She's just become a judge but leads a dark double life that she hides from everyone.

Her cover is blown when a high-profile case in her courtroom takes a stunning turn. Overnight the tabloids tell her secret, her boyfriend dumps her, and her new career hangs in tatters. But Cate's troubles are only beginning. An enemy no one anticipated sends her running for her life, and she'll have to fight her way back to the truth . . . or die trying.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:30:04 -0400)

"Then a high-profile case in her courtroom explodes into a shocking murder-suicide, and it blasts her cover wide open. Overnight the tabloids tell her secrets, her boyfriend dumps her, and her new career hangs in tatters. But Cate's troubles are only beginning. An enemy no one anticipated sends her running for her life - embarking on a journey that begins in the mystery of her own childhood, where she first learned to lie."--BOOK JACKET. "Cate Fante is strong and smart, but when she becomes a federal judge, even she wonders if she can do the job justice. She's in her thirties, so she feels though she's joining the world's most exclusive retirement village. She worries inwardly that she only looks the part, in a designer suit donned like overpriced armor. After all, a job described in the United States Constitution would intimidate anybody." "But Cate keeps her doubts a secret. And, as it happens, much else. For she leads a dark double life that she hides from everyone, even her best friend."… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,502,188 books! | Top bar: Always visible