Legal Tender by Lisa Scottoline

Legal Tender (original 1996; edition 1998)

by Lisa Scottoline

When her boyfriend announces he is dissolving their legal practice for a partnership with another woman, lawyer Bennie Rosato is shocked. Nothing like the shock she gets when police arrive to say the boyfriend is dead and they think she killed him.
Member:benfulton
Title:Legal Tender
Authors:Lisa Scottoline
Info:HarperCollins Publishers Ltd (1998), Paperback, 256 pages

Legal Tender by Lisa Scottoline (1996)

Bennie Rosato is accused of murdering her former lover and partner. Then, she is accused of murdering 2 other people. She doesn't know who to trust, and sets off to find the real killer, while sneaking around Philadelphia. Exciting! ( )
  rmarcin | Jan 22, 2019 |
  BooksOn23rd | Nov 25, 2015 |
  BooksOn23rd | Nov 25, 2015 |
In this second book of the Rosato & Associates series, we are introduced to Benedetta (Bennie) Rosato. In the first book, Everywhere That Mary Went, we were introduced to Mary Dinunzio and Judy Carrier. Both books could actually be considered ‘pre-Rosato & Associates’ in that the ‘all female’ law firm is yet to be created. Bennie and her boyfriend, Mark Biscardi, had formed the law firm, Rosato and Biscardi. Bennie and Mark are not doing well on a personal level, and Mark has begun seeing one of the associates in the office. He blindsides Bennie with the news that he wants to dissolve their partnership and begin his own firm. They argue quite loudly. Then, he is murdered. With no alibi, Bennie becomes the lead suspect. She’s on the run. Leary of trusting anyone, she finally enlists the help of Grady, another lawyer in the firm.

This legal thriller series by Ms. Scottoline is set in Philadelphia. The author knows how to engage the reader on many levels. It was fun; fast paced and well put together. It is not until Mistaken Identity, the fourth novel in the series, that Bennie is joined by her associates to form the ‘all female’ law firm, Rosato & Associates. I rated the novel at 4 out of 5.

http://www.fictionzeal.com/legal-tender-rosato-associates-2-lisa-scottoline/ ( )
  FictionZeal | Aug 31, 2014 |
Fun, fast-paced, entertaining read. Certain parts weren't all the believable but made for a good story. ( )
  she_climber | Jun 8, 2013 |
Een advocate wordt bechuldigd van moord op haar zakenpartner, tevens haar ex-minnaar. Ze slaat op de vlucht ten einde haar onschuld te bewijzen.
For my editor, Carolyn Marino,
who has always encouraged me to be tall.
And for Kiki and Peter.
I edged forward on my pew in the gallery so I wouldn't miss a single word.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,795,930 books! | Top bar: Always visible