Final Appeal by Lisa Scottoline

Final Appeal (original 1994; edition 1994)

by Lisa Scottoline

Grace Rossi is starting over after a divorce, and a part-time job with a federal appeals court sounds perfect. But she doesn't count on being assigned to an explosive death penalty appeal. Nor does she expect ardor in the court in the form of an affair with the chief judge. Then Grace finds herself investigating a murder, unearthing a secret bank account and following a trail of bribery and judicial corruption that's stumped even the FBI. In no time at all, Grace under fire takes on a whole new meaning.… (more)
Member:benfulton
Title:Final Appeal
Authors:Lisa Scottoline
Info:HarperTorch (1994), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages

Final Appeal by Lisa Scottoline (1994)

Grace Rossi is a part-time lawyer/law clerk for a chief judge in Philadelphia. She is also a bit in love with her boss. The other 3 law clerks in the office are an eclectic group. Ben wants to clerk for a Supreme Court justice. Artie is in love with Sarah, and Sarah leads Artie on while she also has a major crush on their boss, the judge. Grace and Armen, the judge, consummate their desire for each other, and Armen states his love for Grace.
Shockingly, the next day, everything changes. Grace must now dig deeply into the judge's life, determine whether he is owned by the mob, and who is the sinister presence in their lives? A solid legal thriller. ( )
  rmarcin | Jan 22, 2019 |
Grace Rossi is starting over after a divorce, and a part-time job with a federal appeals court sounds perfect. But she doesn't count on being assigned to an explosive death penalty appeal. Nor does she expect ardor in the court in the form of an affair with the chief judge. Then Grace finds herself investigating a murder, unearthing a secret bank account and following a trail of bribery and judicial corruption that's stumped even the FBI. In no time at all, Grace under fire takes on a whole new meaning. ( )
  cdiemert | Jul 30, 2017 |
I read this for the Just For Fun Challenge which encourages reading one book that has been on the TBR shelf for a long time and without doing a review. I still rated this book though and I enjoyed it. ( )
  Carolee888 | Aug 9, 2015 |
Enjoyable quick read ( )
  csobolak | Aug 5, 2014 |
A typical Lisa Scottoline book, who done it. Not sure why I keep reading her books, I guess because she keeps me reading and the books hold my interest. She needs to switch up her writing and have a little more suspense in her books. ( )
  lyn369 | Aug 10, 2013 |
To all my parents, and to Kiki
At times like this I realize I'm too old to be starting over, working with law clerks.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,773,008 books! | Top bar: Always visible