Daddy's Girl by Lisa Scottoline

Daddy's Girl

by Lisa Scottoline

I could have sworn that I had read at least one book by Lisa Scottoline, but apparently not in the life of this blog. Here again is a book that has been sitting in my TBR for longer than I care to remember.

Natalie Greco is a law professor, the daughter of a wealthy building family, used to getting what it wants. She is asked by another professor to take part in an outreach legal studies programme in a nearby prison. While they are there the prison goes into lockdown, a guard and three inmates are killed and Nat ends up holding the guard as he dies. Then it appears that the prison authorities have decided not to reveal what really happened, and their press release does not jell with what Nat remembers.

When she tries to deliver the dying man's message to his wife it become apparent there are those who are determined to scare her off. More deaths occur and Nat goes into hiding.

I found the plot a bit mind-bending, a little incredible, coupled with the fact that Nat herself is an appalling judge of character. She also seems to me to be a little young for the academic position that she holds.

The author says at the end that the scenario is based on her own experiences in teaching the law. ( )
  smik | Jan 30, 2018 |
A Rosato & DeNunzio book - not one of her best, but still very good. Man is killed in a prison upset, final words are cryptic message for his wife. Kind of a reach. Still, read in 3 nights. I do love this lady. ( )
  JeanetteSkwor | Aug 28, 2017 |
For some reason this book took awhile to get involved. Once I got passed the very descriptive detail of characters and what they were wearing, the book exploded. The ending was a shock. ( )
  jothebookgirl | Jan 3, 2017 |
natalie Greco a law professor ends up being in the wrong place at the worng time. Her entire wold turns upside down at the fault of Angus Holt who she totally falls for. He asks her to with with him to teach at a prison for a class. A riot breaks out while they are there. A worker is killed and he gives her a message to give to his wife. While delivering the message she begins to get warnings to stay away, out of the country, and threats are taken out on her life. She ends up being a suspect/criminal on the run herself. Very good. Listened on audio Barbara Rosenblat ( )
  Indygirl | Aug 5, 2016 |
suspenseful and silly ( )
  rosies | Jul 30, 2016 |
Nat Greco felt like a cup in a double-D bra
ISBN 0061227331 is for The Mercedes Coffin by Faye Kellerman

ISBN 0061571229 is for an abridged audiobook

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060833157, Mass Market Paperback)

A violent prison riot breaks out, and Nat rushes to save the life of a mortally wounded guard whose last words are: "Tell my wife it's under the floor." Nat delivers the cryptic message, but before she knows it, she's suspected of murder and hiding from cops and killers alike. She is forced on the run to solve the riddle of the dead man's last words and to save her own life—and find real love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:05 -0400)

Natalie Greco loves being a teacher, even though she can't keep her students from cruising sex.com during class. She loves her family, too, but her boyfriend fits in better with the football-crazy Grecos than she does. Then a colleague, handsome Angus Holt, talks Nat into teaching a class at a local prison, and her world turns upside down. A violent prison riot breaks out, and Nat rushes to save the life of a mortally wounded guard whose last words are: "Tell my wife it's under the floor." Nat delivers the cryptic message, but before she knows it, she's suspected of murder and hiding from cops and killers alike. She is forced on the run to solve the riddle of the dead man's last words and to save her own life and find real love.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,801,827 books! | Top bar: Always visible