Rhythms of the Inner Life by Howard R. Macy

No reviews

Howard R. Macy
Rhythms of the Inner Life
Yearning for Closeness with God

Experience God can at once inspire worship, incite fear, melt us in love, and increase our desire to experience Him more. Such is the unique relationship we have with the One we call Almighty as well as dear Friend.

In Rhythms of the Inner Life, Howard Macy plumbs the depths of one of Scripture's most heart-tugging books, the Psalms, to explore seven typical heart responses to God's interaction with each of us-longing, waiting, trembling, despairing, resting, conversing, celebrating.

As we become alert and sensitive to these inner spiritual "rhythms," we will learn to walk ever more closely with the God who holds and delights in us.

Howard R. Macy, professor of religion and biblical studies at George Fox University in Newberg, Oregon, received his Ph.D. from Harvard University. He has been active in a number of ministries, including Christian Education, youth work, pastoring, and retreat leadership.

Personal and group study questions included!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:25 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,172,383 books! | Top bar: Always visible