The Pursuit by Johanna Lindsey

The Pursuit (edition 2003)

by Johanna Lindsey

Member:dreamwalker2
Title:The Pursuit
Authors:Johanna Lindsey
Info:Avon (2003), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages

The Pursuit by Johanna Lindsey

I didn't really care for this book. I normally love her books... but just didn't get into this one. I gave 2 stars. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
I was a little disappointed by this one. The characters seemed rather lackluster compared to other books by the author. ( )
  sshi | Feb 18, 2014 |
Typical Lindsey historical. Overblown emotional yarn with great characters. Quick read. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |
I enjoy Johanna Lindsay's approach to historical romances where the story and character development is more important than graphic love scenes.This is the third in the Sherring Cross trilogy. The last third of the book I found tragged. The uncles took up too much space for my liking. But it came together in the last 2 chapters.
  echarles18 | Dec 24, 2008 |
One
"You don't like your mother very much, d'you, m'boy?"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380814803, Mass Market Paperback)

What was to be a grand adventure for Melissa MacGregor -- an escape from the wilds of her Scottish home into the whirl of the London social scene -- seems to pale before the promise in the passionate gaze of Lincoln Ross Burnett. Though they exchange but a few words before parting after a chance encounter on her grandfather's lands, Melissa instantly knows this bold stranger is her destiny, while Lincoln realizes his heart has been claimed forever and he will never be complete until Melissa MacGregor is his bride.

But there are serious obstacles impeding the well-smitten Viscount Cambury's pursuit of glorious romance: sixteen of them -- all big and brawny, six named Ian and all named MacFearson. The bane of Lincoln's youth, Melissa's stifling, disapproving uncles are now determined to rob him of his newfound happiness. Yet he is equally resolved to confront the peril -- and to pursue his exquisite obsession all the way to London. . . and to the ends of the earth, if necessary.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:31 -0400)

Es la oportunidad que Melissa MacGregor hab‚ia estado esperando. Ir a Londres, ser presentada en sociedad, disfrutar de las diversiones que ofrece el gran mundo. Estar‚a lejos de su amada Escocia, de sus padres y del castillo familiar, pero tambi‚en podr‚a escapar de la estricta vigilancia a la que la someten sus t‚ios maternos, para quines ning‚un hombre que la pretenda es lo bastante bueno. Sin embargo, ahora le pesa. No puede quitarse del pensamiento al joven desconocido, un extrašno en estas tierras, con quien estuvo hablando hace unos d‚ias. No es la primera vez que Lincoln Ross Burnett, el nuevo vizconde de Cambury, pisa Escocia. En realidad vivi‚o all‚i los doce ašnos, y conserva un recuerdo amargo... que se diluye cuando conoce a Melissa. En ella ha encontrado lo que no sab‚ia que estaba buscando. Enamorados y decididos a enlazar sus vidas, Melissa y Lincoln no imaginan que el suyo pueda ser un amor incomprendido...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,767,148 books! | Top bar: Always visible