Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, Book 1)…

Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, Book 1)

by Lisa Kleypas

Series: Hathaways (1)

1,557626,819 (3.88)1 / 62
Recently added byrena75, Pegasus21, Savehouse, mk12

English (60)  Czech (1)  All languages (61)
Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas is a re -read for meit focuses on the Hathaway family, have had a bad time there parents died from scarlet fever Amelia Hathaway takes over the responsibility to take care of her sisters and waybward brother Leo, they receive an inheritance ( )
  rena75 | Sep 25, 2018 |
I was hooked on HR for a very long time - this is my top book
  Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |
addictive-series, historical-romance, historical-research, history-and-culture, happy-ending

I loved it in paperback, I loved it while multitasking, and now I still love it while knitting. I remember researching the lore and persecutions of the Rom (even the Nazis) the first time I read it and learned a lot. An excellent romance complete with fantasy, danger, suspense, and a family like no other!
Narrator extraordinaire Rosalyn Landor adds to the enjoyment. ( )
  jetangen4571 | Sep 6, 2018 |
I'm excited for this series! I wish I had the next book so I could dive into it right away. I loved getting to read Cam's HEA after he slipped out of the Wallflowers series. I really liked Amelia as well, given my fondness for spinsters, particularly independent, strong ones. I'm also looking forward to the rest of the sibling's books. Leo will make an excellent tragic, scarred hero. And I am going to the library first thing in the morning to Win's book, there was so much wonderful set-up for the next story. I'm glad I decided to read these in order. (4.5 stars) ( )
  PNRList | Aug 15, 2018 |
Mine Till Midnight
4 Stars

Entertaining but not as delighted and wowed as I wanted to be.

Even though Cam is deliciosuly yummy and an intense "hero in pursuit", and Amelia is a refreshingly realistic and down to earth heroine, I expected more from their romance.

While Cam and Amelia are both engaging as individuals and as a couple, their characters need more development. Cam's background, in particular, is not sufficiently fleshed out.

While they certainly have the steam factor in spades, Cam and Amelia's connection lacks the emotional intensity of Win and Kev's relationship (which is particularly compelling).

In terms of the plot, the ghost story is completely superficial and unnecessary, and the resolution to the minor suspense plot is anti-climactic. It also lacks follow up on the villain's comeuppance.

The secondary characters are engaging and the cameos by Evie, Lillian and their significant others are wonderful. The Hathway siblings are lovely except for Leo who annoyed the sh*t out of me.

Really looking forward to Kev and Win's story in the next book. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |

Kleypas, Lisaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hennebelle, EdwigeTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Landor, RosalynReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Cidy Blewett,
a wonderful Web designer,
not to mention a wise, witty
and much appreciated friend.
Finding one person in a city of nearly two million was a formidable task.
"'I know all about probability and odds," Rohan agreed. "Nevertheless, I believe in luck." He smiled with a quiet smolder in his eyes that caused her breath to catch. "I believe in magic and mystery, and dreams that reveal the future. And I belive some things are written in the stars .... or even in the palm of your hand."' -pg. 29

THEIR LIVES DEFY CONVENTION.
When an unexpected inheritance elevates her family to the ranks of the aristocracy, Amelia Hathaway discovers that tending to her younger sisters and wayward brother was easy compared to navigating the intricacies of the ton. Even more challenging: the attraction she feels for the tall, dark, and dangerously handsome Cam Rohan.

THEIR DESIRE CONSUMES THEM BOTH...
Wealthy beyond most men's dreams, Cam Rohan has tired of society's petty restrictions and longs to return to his "uncivilized" Gypsy roots. When the delectable Amelia appeals to him for help, he intends to offer only friendship--but intentions are no match for the desire that blindsides them both. But can a man who spurns tradition be tempted into that most time-honored arrangement: marriage? Life in London society is about to get a whole lot hotter....

Amelia Hathaway, accustomed to caring for her siblings since the death of her parents, appeals to gentleman's club manager Cam Rohan for help in finding her wastrel brother Leo, and is surprised to find she has attracted the attentions of Rohan who finds his longing to abandon London society and return to his Gypsy roots is not nearly as strong as his desire for the unconventional Amelia.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,002,164 books! | Top bar: Always visible