Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas

Mine Till Midnight

by Lisa Kleypas

Series: Hathaways (1)

1,293586,060 (3.88)1 / 59

English (57)  Czech (1)  All (58)
mine till midnight by Lisa Kleypas
is a re -read for me
it focuses on the Hathaway family, have had a bad time there parents died from scarlet fever Amelia Hathaway takes over the responsibility to take care of her sisters and wayward brother Leo, they receive an inheritance
  Rena37 | May 3, 2017 |
Mine Till Midnight is a feel good story. There's a bit of darkness, but not from the direction you'd expect after reading the blurb. There's an unexpected paranormal element. A bit stereotypical when it comes to stories featuring people other than the usual. This is not a critique, just an observation. I enjoyed the story and the characters, even the annoying ones (they had a role to play, after all).

I liked both Cam and Amelia. Her foot-tapping was adorable. I was afraid she'd become one of those heroines some people seem to like (the overbearing I-am-not-listening-to-anyone types). The rest of the Hathaways were so quirky and interesting that I would have forgiven that too. As usual, you have to suspend your disbelief to enjoy the story.

Cam Rohan is perfect. What else to say about him? His appearance is perfect, his mind is extraordinary. He even avoids hurting the heroine the way most of these main characters do at least once in their own stories. I don't mind this either. There are things he finds out here (the tattoo) that leave his story open, so we'll see.

As for the annoying, I hated Amelia's brother. I was wondering how on Earth will the author manage to redeem such a whiny character. I mean, rakes and scoundrels are easy to redeem, but pathetic, whiny, drunk men? The only way was to introduce the unexpected. I'll give that a pass too.
  Aneris | Apr 22, 2017 |
Amelia Hathaway, a self-declared spinster at 26, is working hard to keep her elder brother, Leo, in check as he deals with his grief over the loss of his fiancee by drinking excessively and gambling the funds of his newly inherited title. At the same time, Amelia is also trying to ensure the safety of her three younger sisters. On one evening, attempting to retrieve Leo from one of his latest binges, Amelia encounters Cam Rohan, the half Roma manager of the most in-demand gambling club in London. While Amelia has no desire to find love again and Cam is entirely uninterested in committing to the lifestyle of non-Roma, the sparks that fly between them are too hot for either of them to deny.

As always, a very enjoyable historical romance from Kleypas. Amelia and Cam are equally charming characters and it was interesting to see Kleypas the realities of what a relationship between an upper-class British woman and a half-Roma man might actually look like. There was a mild paranormal element included in the novel that I wasn't expecting with Kleypas and that only sort of worked, thus dragging down the ratings a star. However, I was very pleased to see several characters from Kleypas' Wallflowers series crop up in this novel as well. I'll definitely be picking up the rest of the books in this series. ( )
  MickyFine | Apr 3, 2017 |
Lovley. The best Lisa Klepas I've read so far.
Amelia is an Elinorish kind of heroine (as in [b:Sense and Sensibility|14935|Sense and Sensibility|Jane Austen|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1309203534s/14935.jpg|2809709]'s) which I love and I had a thing for Cam ever since [b:Devil in Winter|114166|Devil in Winter (Wallflowers #3)|Lisa Kleypas|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1309220205s/114166.jpg|1823830].

It was a simple love story. Not too complicated, no too many misunderstandings, angst or brooding. Sweet (but not to the point of a dying need for antacid).

Great sex scenes, sharp dialogs and a big goofy smile by the end of it. Good enough for me. ( )
  veredi | Mar 25, 2017 |
Lovley. The best Lisa Klepas I've read so far.

veredi | Mar 25, 2017 |

Kleypas, Lisaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hennebelle, EdwigeTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Landor, RosalynReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Cidy Blewett,
a wonderful Web designer,
not to mention a wise, witty
and much appreciated friend.
Finding one person in a city of nearly two million was a formidable task.
"'I know all about probability and odds," Rohan agreed. "Nevertheless, I believe in luck." He smiled with a quiet smolder in his eyes that caused her breath to catch. "I believe in magic and mystery, and dreams that reveal the future. And I belive some things are written in the stars .... or even in the palm of your hand."' -pg. 29

THEIR LIVES DEFY CONVENTION.
When an unexpected inheritance elevates her family to the ranks of the aristocracy, Amelia Hathaway discovers that tending to her younger sisters and wayward brother was easy compared to navigating the intricacies of the ton. Even more challenging: the attraction she feels for the tall, dark, and dangerously handsome Cam Rohan.

THEIR DESIRE CONSUMES THEM BOTH...
Wealthy beyond most men's dreams, Cam Rohan has tired of society's petty restrictions and longs to return to his "uncivilized" Gypsy roots. When the delectable Amelia appeals to him for help, he intends to offer only friendship--but intentions are no match for the desire that blindsides them both. But can a man who spurns tradition be tempted into that most time-honored arrangement: marriage? Life in London society is about to get a whole lot hotter....

Elevated to the ranks of the aristocracy due to an inheritance, Amelia Hathaway is ill-prepared to deal with the intricacies of the ton, especially her growing attraction to Cam Rohan, a man who dreams of returning to his gypsy roots.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,418,784 books! | Top bar: Always visible