The bourne ultimatum - Il ritorno dello…

The bourne ultimatum - Il ritorno dello sciacallo (1990)

by Ludlum Robert, Piccioli Maria Barbara (Translator)

Series: Bourne (3)

Member:saintwo2005
Title:The bourne ultimatum - Il ritorno dello sciacallo
Authors:Ludlum Robert
Other authors:Piccioli Maria Barbara (Translator)
Info:Rizzoli
Tags:2000, narrativa

The Bourne Ultimatum by Robert Ludlum (1990)

Recently added byRandin, private library, LokiAesir, jcano, klg5241, gaganb, ACampbellx6, BernJ

English (29)  Dutch (2)  French (1)  All languages (32)
This book - this whole series, in fact - is one of the very few instances where I can say the movie is better (by far) than the books. There is almost nothing in common with the movies, rarely even settings or plot. This isn't that uncommon these days, but be forewarned.

My wife had them laying around and I was in a spy mode for a while, gobbling up some of the spy books we've collected. It's odd that Matt Damon can portray a cold killer better than a writer, but I found the books' Jason Bourne to be overwrought and melodramatic. This third book I found the most tedious of the lot.

On the positive side, the advice on a bloody nose that Bourne's psychologist friend received from the trucker outside Virginia (?) somewhere is 100% spot on!! I can't remember which book it's in; probably the second one. ( )
  Hae-Yu | Jun 3, 2015 |
Disliked this book. Dialogue always seems like it's between two drunks at a bar. You could omit a lot of the pages and not change the story. ( )
  delta61 | Apr 20, 2015 |
This is one of the most thrilling novels i have read. The book is real long extending over than 700 pages but still it gives you the fell of the best spy novels. ( )
  durgaprsd04 | Feb 25, 2015 |
Oh my word, this was a long book. It started off quite good, I was once again back in Jason Bourne's world running around and kicking backsides. It didn't half go on though and really lost its way with sub plots and twists which all got a bit confusing and distracting. The denouement was also a bit of a let down, as was the twee tying up of a loose plot or two in about 2 pages. I enjoyed the trilogy overall, but this wasn't the strongest of the books by a long chalk. ( )
  fothpaul | Feb 11, 2015 |
did absolutely nothing for me.
  mmyoung | Aug 30, 2014 |

Ludlum, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ingwersen, JörnTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lahtinen, Aarne T. K.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schlereth, EinarTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Bobbi and Leonard Raichert, two lovely people who have enriched our lives - Our Thanks
Darkness had descended on Manassas, Virginia, the countryside alive with nocturnal undercurrents, as Bourne crept through the woods bordering the estate of General Norman Swayne.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553287737, Mass Market Paperback)

#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

At a small-town carnival, two men, each mysteriously summoned by telegram, witness a bizarre killing. The telegrams are signed “Jason Bourne.” Only they know Bourne’s true identity and understand that the telegrams are really a message from Bourne’s mortal enemy, Carlos, known also as the Jackal, the world’s deadliest and most elusive terrorist. And furthermore, they know what the Jackal wants: a final confrontation with Bourne. Now David Webb, professor of Oriental studies, husband, and father, must do what he hoped never to do again—assume the terrible identity of Jason Bourne. His plan is simple: to infiltrate the politically and economically omnipotent Medusan group and use himself as bait to lure the cunning Jackal into a deadly trap—a trap from which only one of them will escape.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:06 -0400)

Professor David Webb must once again become his alter ego, assassin Jason Bourne, as he approaches a final confrontation with his archnemesis, terrorist Carlos the Jackal.A mild-mannered professor is forced to assume again the deadly alter ego he created in Vietnam years ago as part of the Medusa Brigade.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,080,134 books! | Top bar: Always visible