Twisted: The Collected Stories of Jeffery…

Twisted: The Collected Stories of Jeffery Deaver (2003)

by Jeffery Deaver

The specialty of the house and other stories : the complete mystery tales, 1948-1978 by Stanley Ellin (adithyajones)
    adithyajones: great short stories by Stanley Ellin with twist at the end just like Twisted

A set of 16 short stories by Jeffery Deaver. First class! Very clever writing and enjoyable plots. ( )
  SpikeSix | Feb 20, 2016 |
This guy's short story writing blew me away. I'm not one to reach for short stories, just have always preferred novels, but this guy can pack serious depth in a few pages. He's so clever. And creepy!! He also writes the Lincoln Rimes series, which I enjoy, but when I write short stories, I try and channel Jeffery Deaver. ( )
  AdrienneLaCava | Oct 17, 2013 |
Sixteen short stories of variable quality by Jeffery Deaver. These include a Lincoln Rhyme novella which is I suppose of most interest to most people. Not that is is a really terribly good one. Of the other fifteen,I liked 'For Services Rendered' and 'Together' best. When Deaver tried to write an historical story "All The World's A Stage' he failed miserably. By the time we came to the last story,which was not at all bad,it was easy to guess the solution as by that time one could see just how the writer's mind was working. ( )
  devenish | May 27, 2013 |
A great collection of short stories with the twist at the end.In most of the stories Deaver has been able to surprise you with unexpected endings. ( )
  adithyajones | Oct 1, 2011 |
These stories reminded me of those published in the old Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine. Each story was worth reading, but with about three notable exceptions, they were nothing special. ( )
  dickmanikowski | Jun 22, 2010 |
To my sister and fellow writer,
Julie Reece Deaver
My experience with the short story form goes back to the distant past. (Introduction)

Contains the following stories:
The Christmas Present
Together
The Widow of Pine Creek
The Kneeling Soldier

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743491599, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:04 -0400)

New York Times bestselling author Jeffery Deaver delivers an electrifying collection of sixteen award-winning stories that will widen your eyes and stretch your imagination. Diverse and provocative, Twisted showcases Deaver's amazing range and signature plot twists: a beautiful woman goes to extremes to rid herself of her stalker; a contemporary of William Shakespeare vows to avenge his family's ruin; and Deaver's most beloved character, brilliant criminalist Lincoln Rhyme, is back to solve a chilling Christmastime disappearance.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,551,595 books! | Top bar: Always visible