dismiss

A Real American Breakfast: The Best Meal of the Day, Any Time of the Day

by Cheryl Alters Jamison, Bill Jamison

There's no better way to start your day than with a hearty breakfast. And there's no better book about breakfast than A Real American Breakfast by the award-winning authors Cheryl Alters Jamison and Bill Jamison.A Real American Breakfast is a coast-to-coast feast of 275 breakfast recipes. You'll find everything from old favorites like waffles and homemade cereals to Charleston Shrimp and Grits, Mississippi Bacon Sandwich with Milky Tomato Gravy, Oregon Salmon Hash, the LEO (Lox, Eggs, and Onions), Bronx Matzoh Brei, and so much more.This indispensable collection of bountiful breakfasts adds new tastes and variety to the morning meal. Eggs Goldenrod, Brown Butter Scramble with Avocado, and Rio Grande Egg Puffs are just some of the food fancies guaranteed to help you break out of your bran flakes routine. Traditional breakfast fare is transformed into whimsical treats such as Crunchy French Toast, New England BrownBread Griddle Cakes, and Grits and Bits Waffles. The American melting pot heritage is also seen in our national breadbasket, from Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits and Herbed Popovers to Very Blueberry Muffins.Breakfast doesn't have to be just for breakfast. These recipes can be enjoyed any time of day. Dishes such as hearty Salmon Croquettes and Portsmouth Salt-Cod Hash make nourishing dinners. Morning meats like Pan-Seared Iowa Breakfast Chops and a Prime-Time T-Bone are great for entertaining, any time of the year. Give brunch a boost with a creamy chicken casserole and cottage fries. Dairy delights like healthful fruit smoothies are invigorating and refreshing anytime.Filled with historical notes, old menus, and plenty of advice on ingredients as well as technique tips, thiscomprehensive breakfastcookbook is one that you'll want to begin your day-especially with sixteen pages of full-color photographs that show how many of the dishes will look. So make the most important meal of the day the best meal of the day with A Real American Breakfast.… (more)

Please Purchase! I love this book. I have bought them for presents as well. So well written. There are tons of wonderful recipes... and I love some of the history and some clips from menus from long, long ago so you can see what they ate for breakfast. A MUST Have book. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
this renewed my appreciation for breakfast.

i LOVE waffles. ( )
  pam.enser | Apr 1, 2013 |
Amazing variety of recipes, many of which are great for other times of the day besides the morning. Covers the expected basics of breakfast foods but then branches out in so many directions. ( )
  briantomlin | Oct 8, 2010 |
Good breadth, maybe not enough pictures. ( )
  jontseng | Jan 5, 2007 |

Jamison, Cheryl Altersprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jamison, Billmain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,193,582 books! | Top bar: Always visible