I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb

I Know This Much is True

by Wally Lamb

8,401146368 (4.11)1 / 148

English (142)  French (2)  Dutch (1)  All (145)
Loved it! ( )
  TBoerner | Mar 22, 2017 |
Wally Lamb's books are among my favorite to recommend.
I loved the last paragraph of this book . "There is proof of God in the roundess of things. Mongrels make good pets" ( )
  Juliasb | Dec 1, 2016 |
A sprawling and fascinating three generation family history, which was hard to put down. Deals with themes of self-forgiveness, as well as forgiveness of others.

My only minor complaints were that it all wrapped up a little too neatly at the end, and also that it bordered on schlocky very occasionally - specifically thinking of the psychiatrist sessions

But it was gripping and moving, for sure. May read another ( )
  abbeyhar | Nov 8, 2016 |
I thought I had read this one when it was first published, but after reading the book, I only vaguely remembered the beginning, so I think I never actually read it.

A story about brothers, a subject I know nothing about (having no siblings), it's an interesting, twist and turn story. It's not the type of book I normally read, but I thoroughly enjoyed it all the same.
  anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |
got last night in a box and 9 bags of books. ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 1, 2016 |

Wally Lambprimary authorall editionscalculated
Heer, Inge deTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is for my father and my sons.
On the afternoon of October 12, 1990, my twin brother Thomas entered the Three Rivers, Connecticut Public LIbrary, retreated to one of the rear study carrels, and prayed to God the sacrifice he was about to commit would be deemed acceptable.
"That's the trouble with survival of the fittest ... The corpse at your feet. That little inconvenience."

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0060987561, Paperback)

Tony award-winning Ken Howard (1776, Child's Play) reads I Know This Much Is True with the conviction of a used car salesman and the charm of a seasoned politico. Reminiscent of a former football coach recalling his glory days, Howard's booming, rich voice is a beefy compliment to Lamb's powerful prose. Never to be mistaken as a ventriloquist, Howard makes little distinction when moving in and out of character--his voice barely cracks an octave for dainty female personalities. However, this understatement (so to speak) lends to smooth transitions and believable, down-to-earth narration. (Running time: six hours, four cassettes) --Rebekah Warren

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:59 -0400)

Dominick Birdsey, a forty-year-old housepainter living in Three Rivers, Connecticut, finds his life greatly disturbed when his identical twin brother Thomas, a paranoid schizophrenic, commits a shocking act of self-mutilation.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,156,383 books! | Top bar: Always visible