I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb

I Know This Much is True

by Wally Lamb

8,832149544 (4.1)1 / 155

English (146)  French (2)  Dutch (1)  All languages (149)
This was one of the best books I've ever read. If you have a loved one who is paranoid schizophrenic you should read this book. You will find that what you are feeling is natural whether it be anger, guilt, grief, frustration or just helpless. This book is not just about schizophrenia, there is a riveting story throughout. It's a long story, 900 pages, and when you have to put it down you will find yourself wondering what is going to happen next. 5 stars! ( )
  DeniseLouise | Oct 10, 2018 |
This is one of those books that is a book with a capital "B". This has two stories going at the same time, wonderful writing, great characters..... it's just got it all. I was actually glad that this book was so long because I enjoyed every page of this one. ( )
  Borrows-N-Wants | Sep 22, 2018 |
This remains one of my all time favorites. The connection you feel with the characters are real and tug at your heart. This was my introduction to Wally Lamb novels and I have yet to find one the measures up to this although I continue to look. ( )
  Nemorn | Jun 4, 2018 |
A sprawling and fascinating three generation family history, which was hard to put down. Deals with themes of self-forgiveness, as well as forgiveness of others.

My only minor complaints were that it all wrapped up a little too neatly at the end, and also that it bordered on schlocky very occasionally - specifically thinking of the psychiatrist sessions

But it was gripping and moving, for sure. May read another ( )
  Abbey_Harlow | Oct 5, 2017 |

Wally Lambprimary authorall editionscalculated
Heer, Inge deTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is for my father and my sons.
On the afternoon of October 12, 1990, my twin brother Thomas entered the Three Rivers, Connecticut Public LIbrary, retreated to one of the rear study carrels, and prayed to God the sacrifice he was about to commit would be deemed acceptable.
"That's the trouble with survival of the fittest ... The corpse at your feet. That little inconvenience."

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0060987561, Paperback)

Tony award-winning Ken Howard (1776, Child's Play) reads I Know This Much Is True with the conviction of a used car salesman and the charm of a seasoned politico. Reminiscent of a former football coach recalling his glory days, Howard's booming, rich voice is a beefy compliment to Lamb's powerful prose. Never to be mistaken as a ventriloquist, Howard makes little distinction when moving in and out of character--his voice barely cracks an octave for dainty female personalities. However, this understatement (so to speak) lends to smooth transitions and believable, down-to-earth narration. (Running time: six hours, four cassettes) --Rebekah Warren

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:59 -0400)

Dominick Birdsey, a forty-year-old housepainter living in Three Rivers, Connecticut, finds his life greatly disturbed when his identical twin brother Thomas, a paranoid schizophrenic, commits a shocking act of self-mutilation.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,423,967 books! | Top bar: Always visible