I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb

I Know This Much is True

by Wally Lamb

8,134139389 (4.11)1 / 142

English (136)  French (2)  Dutch (1)  All languages (139)
Traumatic read... the story of twins, one of them a schizophrenic. It's the story of how one deals with a 'broken' loved one, healing from dysfunctional family ties, and the realization that we're all broken somehow... even if the cracks don't visibly show. ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
I read a quarter of this book. I stopped reading,because I didn't fine it interesting. ( )
  jeanniea | Apr 16, 2016 |
I had this book on my shelf for forever and after reading some reviews decided to finally read it. I wasn't disappointed, it was pretty good, just not as great as everyone else seemed to think. The characters were good and so was the story line, it was just soooo long! ( )
  Tabatha014 | Mar 31, 2016 |
My second favorite novel by Wally Lamb. The story is unique and deeply charged. Highly recommend. ( )
  lacey.tucker | Mar 10, 2016 |
This is an absorbing and well written account of siblingness and of mental disorder. A brave book I admire. ( )
  BridgitDavis | Mar 1, 2016 |

Wally Lambprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Heer, Inge deTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is for my father and my sons.
On the afternoon of October 12, 1990, my twin brother Thomas entered the Three Rivers, Connecticut Public LIbrary, retreated to one of the rear study carrels, and prayed to God the sacrifice he was about to commit would be deemed acceptable.
"That's the trouble with survival of the fittest ... The corpse at your feet. That little inconvenience."

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0060987561, Paperback)

Tony award-winning Ken Howard (1776, Child's Play) reads I Know This Much Is True with the conviction of a used car salesman and the charm of a seasoned politico. Reminiscent of a former football coach recalling his glory days, Howard's booming, rich voice is a beefy compliment to Lamb's powerful prose. Never to be mistaken as a ventriloquist, Howard makes little distinction when moving in and out of character--his voice barely cracks an octave for dainty female personalities. However, this understatement (so to speak) lends to smooth transitions and believable, down-to-earth narration. (Running time: six hours, four cassettes) --Rebekah Warren

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:59 -0400)

Dominick Birdsey, a forty-year-old housepainter living in Three Rivers, Connecticut, finds his life greatly disturbed when his identical twin brother Thomas, a paranoid schizophrenic, commits a shocking act of self-mutilation.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,956,407 books! | Top bar: Always visible