6,53253583 (3.55)1 / 82
Title:
Authors:
Info:
Collections:

Quidditch Through the Ages by J. K. Rowling (2001)

Everything you wanted to know about quidditch except the 700 different kinds of fouls. ( )
  Belles007 | Jan 17, 2016 |
I enjoyed this book much more than 'Fantastic Beasts' It reads as much more believable and the details were considered and utilized to make for a much more worth-while read. ( )
  cabracrazy18 | Jan 3, 2016 |
This book report is about the history of the game Quidditch. Quidditch is a sport most commonly played by witches and wizards. Quidditch was made in the 1100s. The book talks about how a female witch that writes in her journal is the only reason that the witches and wizards know when the game originated. In Quidditch, you fly around on broomsticks and try to score goals by throwing a ball into hoops. The book starts with a description of the history of broomsticks. After, the book gives you some good info about how the people of the old wizarding world went through a lot of different kinds of sports that were like Quidditch . They talk about the story of a bird-like creature called a sniget. It was really fast, but was becoming extinct because of people capturing them for the game of Quidditch. They created a mechanical version of the sniget, which is now used and called the "golden snitch". The book talked about how Quidditch changed from the 14th century to now. Some of the changes were in the rules, broomsticks, snigets, and popularity of the sport . The book also talks about how popular Quidditch has become everywhere today.

I liked the book because I like the Harry Potter books and the movies. I also thought this was funny when I first saw this book because I remembered it in the first movie. I thought this book was good because I was amazed over how the author wrote a whole entire history of the game and how it came to be. I wouldn't recommend this book to everyone because not everyone likes the Harry Potter novels. But I would tell people who like Harry Potter to read this book. I find this book fun because this book makes Quidditch seem like a real sport because it makes people's emotions about the sport like people in real life. I would rate this book 4 out of 5 because I really like it but it's not my favorite book to read. ( )
  JettJ.G1 | Oct 12, 2015 |
I enjoyed this! Amusing and informative, I most enjoyed reading about the America take of Quidditch, our attempts at playing and our fevor for Quodpot, a ridiculous spoof of football. That being said, I'm a Quidditch fan and will be forever. My only qualm about this book is it was too short! ( )
  empress8411 | Jul 26, 2015 |
Another Harry Potter spin-off, this time a reproduction of an original manuscript on the Wizarding game of Quidditch, supposedly written by Kennilworthy Whisp and found by Albus Dumbledore in the Hogwarts School Library. A short but fun addition to the Harry Potter series. ( )
  eclecticdodo | Jul 11, 2015 |
With thanks to J.K. Rowling for creating this book and so generously giving all her royalties to Comic Relief.
Kennilworthy Whisp is a renowned Quidditch expert (and, he says, fanatic).

A copy of a book from the library at Hogwart's, the school where Harry Potter and other young wizards receive their training, providing information about history and conduct of Quidditch, a sport played by competing teams on flying brooms.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,030,934 books! | Top bar: Always visible