6,29648633 (3.53)1 / 81
Title:
Authors:
Info:
Collections:

Quidditch Through the Ages by J. K. Rowling (2001)

This book is a combination of informational and modern fantasy, in that it is a book of rules and history for a fantasy sport in J. K. Rowling's famous Harry Potter series. It was a little dry at parts, but understanding the game in the books was very helpful. This would be good for if our class was going through a Harry Potter book to look at the sport, possibly make posters for our favorite Quidditch players, or write a script and do a sports announcer skit for the game. ( )
  AmandaLK | Apr 17, 2015 |
Quidditch through the Ages is a comprehensive guide to Quidditch and the ultimate resource for anyone interested in the magical world and its most popular sport. Written by Kennillworthy Whisp (aka J. K. Rowling), it is charmingly reproduced as if it were a facsimile of the very copy from the library of the Hogwarts School of Witchraft and Wizardry ( )
  Tutter | Feb 26, 2015 |
A brief history of the wizard sport of Quidditch, with a focus on Great Britain. Includes the history of each aspect of the game, current popular British league teams, and a bit on international popularity. Also includes several adorable diagrams.

The wait between the publication of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was the longest of them all, and I vividly remember how interminable it felt. (Three years is an eternity to a 12 year old!) The publication of the two "schoolbooks" was such a respite. They're so clever and light and provide much-needed comic relief (pun fully intended) right when the main series transitions into something much darker.

I read Quidditch Through the Ages first due to it being my least favorite of the two. Because, you know, sports. But J.K. Rowling can make even sports seem interesting and magical. ( )
  norabelle414 | Sep 15, 2014 |
Rowling has imagination to spare and inspires me every time I touch one of her books. ( )
  KRaySaulis | Aug 13, 2014 |
Everything you need to know about Quidditch is here. A very detailed book about Quidditch! Makes me want to get our broomstick and just run around! Hands down J.K! ( )
  PamZaragoza | Jun 27, 2014 |
Kennilworthy Whisp is a renowned Quidditch expert (and, he says, fanatic).

A copy of a book from the library at Hogwart's, the school where Harry Potter and other young wizards receive their training, providing information about history and conduct of Quidditch, a sport played by competing teams on flying brooms.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,927,062 books! | Top bar: Always visible