6,33752619 (3.54)1 / 82

Quidditch Through the Ages by J. K. Rowling (2001)

@hp_quidditch +hp_sorcerers ( )
  Lorem | Sep 4, 2015 |
I enjoyed this! Amusing and informative, I most enjoyed reading about the America take of Quidditch, our attempts at playing and our fevor for Quodpot, a ridiculous spoof of football. That being said, I'm a Quidditch fan and will be forever. My only qualm about this book is it was too short! ( )
  empress8411 | Jul 26, 2015 |
Another Harry Potter spin-off, this time a reproduction of an original manuscript on the Wizarding game of Quidditch, supposedly written by Kennilworthy Whisp and found by Albus Dumbledore in the Hogwarts School Library. A short but fun addition to the Harry Potter series. ( )
  eclecticdodo | Jul 11, 2015 |
This book is a combination of informational and modern fantasy, in that it is a book of rules and history for a fantasy sport in J. K. Rowling's famous Harry Potter series. It was a little dry at parts, but understanding the game in the books was very helpful. This would be good for if our class was going through a Harry Potter book to look at the sport, possibly make posters for our favorite Quidditch players, or write a script and do a sports announcer skit for the game. ( )
  AmandaLK | Apr 17, 2015 |
Quidditch through the Ages is a comprehensive guide to Quidditch and the ultimate resource for anyone interested in the magical world and its most popular sport. Written by Kennillworthy Whisp (aka J. K. Rowling), it is charmingly reproduced as if it were a facsimile of the very copy from the library of the Hogwarts School of Witchraft and Wizardry ( )
  Tutter | Feb 26, 2015 |
With thanks to J.K. Rowling for creating this book and so generously giving all her royalties to Comic Relief.
Kennilworthy Whisp is a renowned Quidditch expert (and, he says, fanatic).

A copy of a book from the library at Hogwart's, the school where Harry Potter and other young wizards receive their training, providing information about history and conduct of Quidditch, a sport played by competing teams on flying brooms.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,803,831 books! | Top bar: Always visible