Unfinished Tales of Númenor and…

Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-earth (1980)

by J. R. R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (Editor)

Recently added bykiwimac, private library, kaylynjrice, harrisbookery, thebblack, freelunch, sweff
Legacy LibrariesIris Murdoch, Sterling E. Lanier

English (27)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All (1)  Danish (1)  All (31)
Poveşti neterminate este o culegere de naraţiuni care se întind în timp de la zilele de odinioară ale Pământului de Mijloc până la sfârşitul Războiului Inelului şi cuprind istorii despre Gandalf şi întâlnirea gnomilor cu hobbiţii în fundătura, despre Ulmo, Domnul Mării şi apariţia sa în faţa lui Tuor, despre lungile evuri ale Numenorului înaintea scufundării în mare şi tot ce se ştie despre cei cinci vrăjitori. Volumul a fost editat de Christopher Tolkien, care a adăugat note şi comentarii ce plasează fiecare poveste în contextul operei tatălui său.
  thebblack | Jun 23, 2017 |
the first half i did not care for at all, but the rest was quite informative. ( )
  Banoczi_Henrietta | Jun 19, 2017 |
Read it without really understanding how these individual tales really fit into the larger corpus. Now that I have read and re-read Tolkien's works, I appreciate these deeper tales that flesh out these mythological characters. I especially now like the back stories of the Third Age; in my earlier years, I wanted Lord of the Rings to remain LOTR with its lovely words and actions and no interference" from earlier notes.

I remember the first time I read it, on Christmas morning, hearing my inner voice speaking in the words of this book. Very powerful hold, it was.

I'm so very, very glad it was published, and I appreciate the work that Christopher Tolkien has given his life and privacy to ensure happens." ( )
  threadnsong | Jun 18, 2016 |
enjoyable, in the way of Tolkien's works. the downfall to Unfinished Tales is that the stories are, well.... unfinished. :) ( )
  Darth-Heather | May 31, 2016 |
I loved it! So much good information to go with everything else. ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |

Tolkien, J. R. R.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Tolkien, ChristopherEditormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Adlerberth, RolandTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Howe, JohnCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Juva, KerstiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pekkanen, PanuTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Saba Sardi, FrancescoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rían, wife of Huor, dwelt with the people of the House of Hador; but when rumour came to Dor-lómin of the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, and yet she could hear no news of her lord, she became distraught and wandered forth into the wild alone.
The problems that confront one given responsibility for the writings of a dead author are hard to resolve. (Introduction)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345357116, Mass Market Paperback)

An extraordinary discovery is waiting for you on these pages. Mythic lore and forgotten legends unearthed by Christopher Tolkien from his father's archives unveil never-before-told stories of the three ages of ancient Middle-earth.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:35 -0400)

A collection of Tolkien's unpublished manuscripts dealing with events from the Elder Days of Middle-earth to the end of the War of the Rings.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,235,103 books! | Top bar: Always visible