Reversible Errors: A Novel by Scott Turow

Reversible Errors: A Novel (original 2002; edition 2002)

by Scott Turow (Author)

Series: Kindle County (6)

Scott Turow's thrilling drama follows the fate of Rommy Gandolph, an inmate on death row for a triple murder in Kindle County, and the legal friends and foes who hold the keys to his fate. As Rommy nears execution, Arthur Raven, his reluctant court-appointed lawyer, learns of new evidence that may exonerate him. But they run up against Muriel Wynn, Kindle County's formidable chief deputy prosecuting attorney, and Larry Starczek, the original detective on the case, who believe Rommy deserves to die -for many reasons, not all of which have to do with Rommy.… (more)
Member:hanina2
Title:Reversible Errors: A Novel
Authors:Scott Turow (Author)
Info:Farrar, Straus and Giroux (2002), Edition: 1, 448 pages

Reversible Errors by Scott Turow (2002)

Pretty weak mystery--not much suspense and not much mystery. ( )
  ChuckRinn | Oct 4, 2020 |
Whilst this is deemed a legal thriller on the cover, I rather felt the slow and methodical manner in which things initially unfolded made it more of a legal or crime procedural, maybe a suspense novel.

However once the plot moved firmly into the time period in which it was set (2001) the story did become a bit more thrilling, and you became more invested in seeing how the courtroom maneuvering would unfold in terms of revealing the truth.

I can't say that I at all found the prosecutor and lead detective in the story were at all ethical, and I feel it quite saddening that their are such people out there who would rather tear someone else down than admit their own shortcomings or errors.

As such, I wasn't particularly enthused with the way the story came to resolve the plot, I would have preferred for them to tangle it out all the way to the end in the courtroom, yet I can see the way it did unfold conveyed a particular message.

Overall, it was a good legal story, not quite as thrilling and captivating as Grisham's works yet perhaps more thought provoking. ( )
  HenriMoreaux | Mar 8, 2020 |
good lawyer/judge/DA - novel
loves of their lives — leaving + going together

Corporate lawyer Arthur Raven is the court-appointed attorney for a Death Row inmate. Convinced his client is innocent thanks to new evidence, Raven is a fervent crusader--and also a rookie in the vicious world of criminal law.
  christinejoseph | Jul 23, 2016 |
I've finished this book.
To the reader of that sentence it may sound like I'm sighing at the end of it and he would not be wrong.

It was a lot of pages, of which I'm not sure what they wanted to tell me. I often lost track of the (crook) characters and some storylines.

But... I do not entirely blame the book. It is the restlessness in me too, that makes it very hard to concentrate. Another day, under different circumstances this could have been a book I ejoyed very much. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Jul 4, 2015 |
The bestselling author of "Burden of Proof" returns with a supercharged, exquisitely suspenseful novel about a vicious triple murder and the man condemned to die for it. Further complicating the situation is that the judge who originally found the man guilty is only recently out of prison herself, having served time for taking bribes. ( )
  Tutter | Mar 2, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

reversible error, n. a legal mistake made by a trial court which is so significant that an appellate court reviewing the case must set aside the trial court's judgment. The trial court is then instructed either to dismiss the case, to retry the case, or to otherwise modify its decision.
Jonathan Galassi
The client, like most clients, said he was innocent.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,701,096 books! | Top bar: Always visible