The Revenge of the Baby-Sat by Bill…

The Revenge of the Baby-Sat (edition 1991)

by Bill Watterson

Member:KageSama
Title:The Revenge of the Baby-Sat
Authors:Bill Watterson
Info:Andrews McMeel Publishing (1991), Paperback, 128 pages

The Revenge of the Baby-Sat: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection by Bill Watterson

English (11)  French (1)  All languages (12)
A collection of mostly early Calvin and Hobbes strips. I'm deducting a star because of the fact that the Sunday comics are printed without color. Bill Watterson considered the colors to be an important part of his artistic expression, which is why he colored all the Sunday strips himself. ( )
  matija2019 | Jan 8, 2019 |
Yet another of my old Calvin and Hobbes books for some nostalgic reading.

I feel like every review I give of a Calvin book is nothing but a series of superlatives, but that's because it's one of the greatest comic strips ever made. This one includes some fantastic stories, such as the origins of the super-secret club for only Calvin and Hobbes, G.R.O.S.S. (Get Rid of Slimy girlS). There is also a much deeper story involving a break-in while the family is away at a wedding (in which Calvin also accidentally leaves Hobbes at home, causing a panic when he fears his tiger has been taken by the thieves. This leads to some great introspection from Mom, Dad, and Calvin as they consider what has happened.

Once again, everyone should have some Calvin and Hobbes in their lives, it's just good sense! ( )
  regularguy5mb | Dec 27, 2016 |
These really are laugh-out-loud funny. You'll probably annoy everyone around you. Not five stars though because when Calvin gets too terribly petty or whiny it wears me out. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Funny, and full of action. ( )
  MelyDely | Sep 28, 2010 |
One of my 'Classic Three'!!!: This book, along with Snow Goons, and Scientific Progreess, are my favorite Calvin and Hobbes books (I own) so far. The stories about Tracer Bullet, Spaceman Spiff, and Roasalyn are two thumbs and two claws up! Excellent!
  iayork | Aug 9, 2009 |
Who made this mess out here?!

"Calvin and Hobbes provided an exhilarating blend of fantasy, sophistication, pungent humor and superb drawing that was dazzling." --The Plain Dealer, Cleveland, Ohio

With keen insight, Bill Watterson depicted life through the eyes of a child in Calvin and Hobbes--with all the inherent fun and frustrations. Through the adventures of this engaging pair, the limits of our imaginations were challenged as we enjoyed accompanying Calvin and Hobbes as they traveled through time, transmogrified themselves, stirred up trouble.

Watterson's vibrant characterization of event and personality, deft artistic presentation, and whimsical perspective have cultivated an unwavering affection for his characters. In The Revenge of the Baby-Sat, readers can relish the opportunity to dwell once more in the enduring reminder of life as a child today.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:50 -0400)

The praise and popularity of Calvin and Hobbes continue to escalate as the hottest comic strip around reaches its fifth birthday. With keen insight, Bill Watterson depicts life through the eyes of a child, and the limits of our imaginations are challenged as we accompany Calvin and Hobbes while they stir up trouble, travel through time, transmogrify themselves--and just have fun in everything they do.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,494,683 books! | Top bar: Always visible