Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of the…

Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (2005)

by Ann Brashares

English (56)  Spanish (1)  All languages (57)
I would definitely recommend this book to a friend, but you must read the first two before this one. It's a great book for a girl or a group of friends to read. It really explains well a girl's feelings and emotions. 4Q4P The cover art is okay and I'd recommend this to high school students. I chose to read this book because I read the first book and loved it. I also watched both movies. I wish I read the second one before this one though, but I found this one in a book store so I just decided to buy it. AutumnM
  edspicer | Jun 30, 2014 |
This book is definitely one of the best chic flick books I have ever read and is honestly the book that got me addicted to the genre. This is full of young love and plot twists and is a book that I couldn't put down and read it in a day. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good beach-side read or anyone looking for a good book in general.
  picklethepickle | Aug 23, 2013 |
This series by Ann Brashares starts out very strong and falls off a cliff in the last book. The first two are well-realized, strongly plotted explorations of adolescence from various viewpoints. The last is inexplicable and maddening. Brashares seemed, like Alcott, tempted to have an earthquake swallow the girls so she might be finished with them and move on. I'll be interested to read her next book, now that she's put away the pants. ( )
1 vote satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
In my opinion, while “Girls in Pants” is the weakest out of the four, I don’t think it’s a bad book. It feels more like a filler to set up for the grand finale. There’s a strong sense of how hard long-term separation is going to be on the girls, and a lot of the story revolves around home and family. I wasn’t fond of having Carmen tout Valia around for a whole summer, on top of her dealing with her mother’s pregnancy, but it strengthened her character beyond “teenager with family issues.” The biggest misstep, though, was re-establishing Bridget’s relationship with Eric. Her breakdown and fallout at the end of the first book really hooked me, so having everything be okay now that Bridget’s of legal age bugged me. (If they had come to terms with what happened and left it at that, I would be fine with him showing up again.) Again, not a horrible book, but feels more like a place-holder. ( )
  princess-starr | Mar 31, 2013 |
The 3rd summer of the sisterhood. The girls have graduated from highschool. They now have a limited amount of time at home before school. Another summer of the pants working their magic and the girls learning life lessons. ( )
  i.should.b.reading | Mar 29, 2013 |
For Jacob. my own worthy boy
If you are reading this, you may know about us.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0553495046, Mass Market Paperback)

Ages 12 and up. Best buds Tibby, Carmen, Lena and Bridget are back with their magical pair of shared jeans in Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood. Each summer brings new and difficult challenges, as the perennially separated friends discover afresh this last season before college. Tibby struggles with the idea of close friend Brian becoming her boyfriend, and their fragile relationship is soon tested by a tragedy in her immediate family. Carmen doesn’t know how to react when she finds out that her middle-aged mom is pregnant, and Bridget is unpleasantly surprised to be reunited with the boy who broke her heart two summers ago. Finally, Lena, still coming to terms with the loss of her first love, tries to convince her strict father that art school is a better career path than Greek restaurant management. But through every crisis, each girl is assured of the love and support of the created sisterhood when she pulls on the denim armor of the cherished, and by now, a bit fragrant ("Rule # 1. You must never wash the Pants.") Traveling Pants.

Full of homey platitudes about life, love and the pursuit of perfect jeans, Girls in Pants occasionally reads like a lengthy Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul entry. But often that’s precisely the kind of friendly reassurance female readers are looking for, and fans of the wildly popular series who’ve journeyed every summer with the "Septembers" will find much to laugh and cry about in this volume. --Jennifer Hubert

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:25:55 -0400)

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants graduates from high school and spends their last summer before college learning about life and themselves.

Ann Brashares is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Ann Brashares chatted with LibraryThing members from Jun 6, 2011 to Jun 10, 2011. Read the chat.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,700,280 books! | Top bar: Always visible