Sepulchre. by Kate. Mosse

Sepulchre. (original 2007; edition 2009)

by Kate. Mosse

Member:Gracelesslady
Title:Sepulchre.
Authors:Kate. Mosse
Info:Berkley Books (2009), Edition: 1st PAPERBACK, Paperback
Rating:***

Sepulchre by Kate Mosse (2007)

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón (Alliebadger)
    Alliebadger: Both dark, mysterious, and twisting...

English (64)  French (3)  Dutch (3)  Norwegian (2)  Finnish (2)  Italian (1)  Danish (1)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  Tagalog (1)  All languages (79)
Bon je l`ai lu dans une edition francaise en Inde, c`est plutot assez bien ecrit, mais pas transcendant, distrayant tout simplement.. ( )
  Gerardlionel | Apr 1, 2016 |
I really wanted to like this book, but the writing is so terrible & cliched. The story is interesting, but the characters are flat and boring, every description of a person sounds like something from a GCSE creative writing class. I got about a quarter of the way through before giving up as the unimaginative writing kept pulling me out of the moment. ( )
  plabebob | Mar 26, 2016 |
2.17
  johnrid11 | Feb 14, 2016 |
I have not read the first book in the trilogy, maybe that would have given me a more favorable impression, but I doubt it. I listened to the audio book. There were a lot of French phrases, which can be handled two ways, the phrase can be written and then followed by a translation, or just left as is. In this case, they were left as is, and I could not reason all of them out as well as I would have had I read it in print. Bottom line with this book for me was that the story in the past was better conceived and presented than the story in the present. As other readers have mentioned, Leoni was kind of annoying, but she was a 17 year old female after all and she did mature with time. I did prefer another or her books, [b:The Winter Ghosts|6450212|The Winter Ghosts|Kate Mosse|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1327915471s/6450212.jpg|6640343], but I think I am likely to read the other two books in the trilogy if I should come across them. I doubt I will looking for them though. ( )
  MaureenCean | Feb 2, 2016 |
I picked this up at the secondhand store. $1.99 for a two inch thick copy in good condition. Whoohoo.
  Greymowser | Jan 23, 2016 |

Kate Mosseprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Peters, DonadaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
L'âme d'autrui est une forêt obscure où il faut marcher avec précaution.
The soul of another is a dark forest in which one must tread carefully.
Letter, 1891
Claude Debussy
The true Tarot is symbolism; it speaks no other language and offers no other signs.

The Pictorial Key to the Tarot, 1910
Arthur Edward Waite
To my wonderful mother, Barbara Mosse,

for that first piano

And, as ever, my beloved Greg —

for all things present, past and yet to come
This story begins in a city of bones.
L' âme d'autrui une forêt obscure où ik faut marcher avec précaution.
De ziel van een ander is als een donker bos waar je voorzichtig moet lopen.
Brief, 1891 Claude Debussy
Het echte Tarot is symbolisch: het spreekt geen andere taal en biedt geen ander tekens.
The Pictorial Key to the Tarot, 1910
Arthur Edward Waite
Please distinguish between Kate Mosse's 2007 novel, Sepulchre, and James Herbert's 1986 novel of the same title. Thank you.

1891. Seventeen-year-old Leonie Vernier and her brother abandon Paris for the sanctuary of their aunt's isolated country house near Carcassonne, the Domaine de la Cade. But in the nearby woods, Leonie stumbles across a ruined sepulchre - and a timeless mystery whose traces are written in blood. 2007. Meredith Martin arrives at the Domaine de la Cade as part of her research for a biography she's writing. But Meredith is also seeking the key to her own complex legacy and soon becomes immersed in the story of a tragic love, a missing girl, a unique deck of tarot cards, an unquiet soul and the strange events of one cataclysmic night more than a century ago...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:13 -0400)

The stories of two women separated by more than a century are brought together by a series of visions that are related to the tarot and a small church, known as a Sepulchre in the grounds of the Domaine de la Cade.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 9 books! | Top bar: Always visible