AntiCraft: Knitting, Beading and Stitching…

AntiCraft: Knitting, Beading and Stitching for the Slightly Sinister (edition 2007)

by Renee Rigdon, Zabet Stewart

Member:cydhig
Title:AntiCraft: Knitting, Beading and Stitching for the Slightly Sinister
Authors:Renee Rigdon
Other authors:Zabet Stewart
Info:North Light Books (2007), Edition: illustrated edition, Paperback, 160 pages

AntiCraft: Knitting, Beading and Stitching for the Slightly Sinister by Renée Rigdon

Lots of fun ideas here!

Oddly- since I am a knitter- the crochet patterns are more appealing to me than the knitted ones- though I do love the Skylla cozy that is a knitted kraken! While I also love the long serpent stockings, adjusting them for my size is more than I feel inclined to try. There are a couple of hats with fun skull-and-crossbones motifs, though!

In crochet, the Briar Rose decorative scarf is really nifty. I also like the vulture-themed bag, and the 2-headed rat stuffie. And there's some kink stuff, for those inclined that way...

Fewer things stand out for me in the Sewing and Misc sections, though I'll mention that the former has a pretty "Wheel of the Year" skirt, and latter includes some basic chain mail as well as a gorgeous "Tree of Life" beaded shrine piece or wall hanging, as well as other beaded designs.

Sprinkled in are a number of recipes that look tasty, as well as various short articles on themes and motifs. There are basic instructions for the crafts included in the back.

Very fun, for crafters who like projects with a twist! ( )
  cissa | Jun 3, 2016 |
Still a bit too crafty for my taste ( )
  swampygirl | Dec 9, 2013 |
Why put beading in the title of a book that is 95% knitting and crocheting? I was disappointed. ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
This book quite the treat: the graphic design and layout, the quirky craft ideas, the photography, the attitude. There are lots of different types of crafts represented, which appealed to me, but if you're less of a dilettante of craft, might mean you don't have the materials/knowledge necessary to do all the patterns. I haven't tried any of the patterns yet so I can't speak to how easy the instructions are to follow, but I feel like the book's worth it regardless just because it's so fun. ( )
  terriko | Feb 9, 2013 |
Interesting book, and glad to have it on my craft shelf. I probably won't make any of the patterns because the ones I like just seem like too much work to make or are in a craft that I don't care to try. It's so great to see unusual, off the wall craft books, though. I'm so heartily sick of cutesy, pastel coloured, floofy little pretties. Give me something with some grit to it. ( )
  xyliabrown | Feb 11, 2009 |

Renée Rigdonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stewart, Zabetmain authorsome editionsconfirmed

Presents complete instructions for a wide variety of edgy, offbeat, and quirky craft projects, including a black duct-tape corset, Tough Baby sweater, Dem Bones socks, Apothecary tote, and more, accompanied by more than three hundred photographs and intriguing sidebars containing recipes, trivia, comic strip art, and more.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,795,319 books! | Top bar: Always visible