A Picture Book of Abraham Lincoln (Picture…

A Picture Book of Abraham Lincoln (Picture Book Biographies) (edition 1989)

by David A. Adler, John Wallner (Illustrator), Alexandra Wallner (Illustrator)

529None19,099 (3.84)1
Member:wyzika
Title:A Picture Book of Abraham Lincoln (Picture Book Biographies)
Authors:David A. Adler
Other authors:John Wallner (Illustrator), Alexandra Wallner (Illustrator)
Info:Holiday House (1989), Edition: 1st, Library Binding, 32 pages

A Picture Book of Abraham Lincoln by David A. Adler

Summary:
This book is about Abraham Lincoln. It gives an accurate account by date of his life starting with his birth birth in Kentucky on February 12, 1809 until his death the day after he was shot on April 14th.

Personal:
I enjoyed this book because it was very informative. Each page had valuable information that included the year and important facts that happened through his life as he was a young lad. When he got older I enjoyed reading important information that changed history. Also had beautiful pictures that are self-explanatory.

Extension:
1. Presidents Day book to read.
2. Learn important years of Abraham Lincoln's Life history for memorization
3. Introduction to Emancipation Proclamation and Gettysburg Address ( )
  KristinaCotten | Mar 25, 2014 |
Abraham Lincon was our 16th president, but he also did many things to help America. This book explains his life and some of the major things he has done. This is a great book to use for biographies and studies on different famous people. ( )
  Mmarcel2011 | Apr 19, 2013 |
A Picture Book of Abraham Lincoln is an excellent introductory biography. The book is written in chronological order and the author does a good job of describing Lincoln's life as a child, thus appealing to children. The illustrations by John and Alexandra Waller are detailed and engaging, and my students loved looking closely at them. I have read many children's books on Abraham Lincoln but I particularly love this one because the story makes it easy for children to relate to.

In Kindergarten boy world, we celebrated the 100th day of school on Monday. We are creating books titled, 'When I'm One Hundred..." and the boys are writing about different things they would like to accomplish before turning one hundred. On Monday I read Mem Fox's Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partidge and we talked a lot about the elderly. Today, I introduced the term biography to the boys. We discussed how a biography notes someone's accomplishments, and I read A Picture Book of Abraham Lincoln by David Adler. The boys absolutely loved this book. They loved pointing out things Lincoln accomplished and using that big, fancy word of the week: accomplish. They also loved seeing the illustrations depicting Lincoln as a child. Of course, they were super engaged when I read about the Civil War and Lincoln's assassination. What is it with boys and guns? We also had a nice discussion about civil rights, and many of the boys heard of slavery for the first time. I thought this book touched on these topics in a "light" way, since it was an introduction. Many of the boys wrote that they want to become president before they turn one hundred, and another wrote, "I want to get married and have four kids like Abe Lincoln before turning one hundred." It was a great start to this week's studies. ( )
  kelliemaurin | Feb 5, 2013 |
good biography - read aloud to k-4 about the life of Abraham Lincoln.
3-4th grade students can read independently
  tracyhintz | Nov 10, 2012 |
Pictures would be easier to teach about American History to ESL students.
  jashiranieves | Oct 17, 2012 |

David A. Adlerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wallner, AlexandraIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wallner, JohnIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Follows the life of the popular president, from his childhood on the frontier to his assassination after the end of the Civil War.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:16 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,501,503 books! | Top bar: Always visible