A Picture Book of Helen Keller (Picture Book…

A Picture Book of Helen Keller (Picture Book Biography) (edition 1992)

by David A. Adler, John Wallner, Alexandra Wallner (Illustrator)

Member:rkrame4
Title:A Picture Book of Helen Keller (Picture Book Biography)
Authors:David A. Adler
Other authors:John Wallner, Alexandra Wallner (Illustrator)
Info:Holiday House (1992), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 32 pages
Collections:K-2nd Grade Readers, Multicultural Books, Biography, Chapter Books, Picturebooks
Rating:**
Tags:deaf, exceptionalities, biography, blind

A Picture Book of Helen Keller by David A. Adler

Great book that would really aid in understanding a novel by Helen Keller. The pictures are nothing impressive though and are very basic. ( )
  zcurlach | Apr 28, 2016 |
I enjoyed this book for three reasons. The first reason is that Helen might have been blind and deaf, but it never stopped her from learning and succeeding. This can be a motivation for students who have disabilities. Helen's story and life proves that nothing can hold someone back if they are determined enough and have the right attitude. Helen could have gave up, but she kept pushing forward to make something out of herself. I also liked the illustrations in the book. Looking at the pictures made it feel like you were in the 1880's or early 1900's. You could see the clothes the people wore and what their houses looked like. It could be also a history lesson. Lastly, I liked this book because it talked about Helen's entire life and not just a time moment in her life. You got to see Helen from a baby, all the way up to her death. The book hit a lot of the important information of Helen's life and kept put the fluff. That would keep the reader's attention. ( )
  tcutsa1 | Feb 29, 2016 |
This book is about a beautiful baby girl who became ill, and this illness left her both deaf and blind. Helen had so many obstacles that as a girl she was mischievous, and constantly trying to find her way. It was not until she met a teacher that inspired her to learn, and together they inspired others. I really enjoyed this book. It inspires everyone to overcome obstacles by preservation, and reveals the impact a teacher or role model can have in a child’s life. The author writes this book in such a way that a young reader will be engaged throughout the whole read. ( )
  JanaeCamardelle | Jan 18, 2016 |
Could use this book to teach vocabulary works in shared reading. ( )
  tlj033 | Oct 29, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book a lot. I learned a lot about Helen Keller, stuff I didn't know there was. I liked how easy and simple the book was to read. It would be very easy to read to children and I know they would understand and be able to point out key details easily from this text. I also enjoyed how the illustrations really reflected what was being read in the story. The message of this story is determination, never give up even when times are at there worse. ( )
  dvazqu2 | Oct 22, 2015 |

A brief biography of the woman who overcame her handicaps of being both blind and deaf.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:10 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,826,625 books! | Top bar: Always visible