A Picture Book of Martin Luther King, Jr.

by David A. Adler

Other authors: Robert Cassilla (Illustrator)

Series: Picture Book Biographies

A brief, illustrated, biography of the Baptist minister and civil rights leader whose philosophy and practice of nonviolent civil disobedience helped American blacks win many battles for equal rights.

It is an easy read for students. Talk about his life and talks about the history during that time period. It is easy for students to understand civial rights movement. ( )
  Jillian.Wehman | Mar 11, 2020 |
book about Martin Luther King jr. for kids ( )
  berkeleychris | Nov 12, 2019 |
I really liked the way David A. Adler started this biography of Dr. King off. Instead of starting the book off with "Martin Luther King Jr. was born in...", Alder drew the readers in by stating that Dr. King was one of the most influential leaders in America. To me, that captures the audiences attention and gets them interested.
I also really liked how Alder ended the story. I am one of those people that LOVE a moving ending, and Alder did just that. The last page of the book reads "Carved on the stone which marks his grave are the words I'm free at last". ( )
  ctran1 | Oct 26, 2018 |
This is a picture-book biography of Dr. King that includes simple-to-understand description of the civil rights movement times.
  wichitafriendsschool | Jul 15, 2018 |
I liked this book because it focused on a very life-changing person and events while still keeping in mind that children were the target audience. The big idea of this book was the life and works of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. The two factors in this book that I liked were the illustrations and the plot. The illustrations looked like they were done with water-color paint. I feel that this adds a memory or dream-like feel to the book. I enjoyed the plot because it not only focused on the amazing work Dr. King did in his adult life, but also on the ordinary events in his life like going to college, getting married, playing as a kid. This gave a view of Dr. King as a normal person. ( )
  KoriHarris | Apr 1, 2018 |

David A. Adlerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cassilla, RobertIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

For Joan Brathwaite D.A.A.
For Carmen and Little Robert R.C.
Martin Luther King, Jr. was one of America's great leaders.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,917,943 books! | Top bar: Always visible