Henry and Mudge: The First Book by Cynthia…

Henry and Mudge: The First Book

by Cynthia Rylant, Sucie Stevenson (Illustrator)

I feel this is a great book to help student who are just beginning to read chapter books. This book is very simple and too the point which helps the reader remained focused throughout the book. The illustration also do an excellent job at supporting the book without giving away too much information. I really enjoyed the way the author introduced the characters and really showed henrys spirit through the way he picked his dog and even showing his dreams. Mudge is also an excellently developed character showing his excited and exploratory nature common in most dogs which makes it relatable. I only gave this book three and a half stars because there were times when the story was very disconnected which would make things slightly more difficult for younger readers but overall I thought this was an excellent book with a great story of friendship. ( )
  ccarpe13 | Oct 15, 2015 |
I was a big fan of this series as a kid. I would keep a few of these tucked somewhere in my classroom for emerging readers at the earlier grades. ( )
  iamryancorcoran | May 12, 2015 |
I have a lot of respect for Henry's mom. In some ways I want to be her, with a big porch & yard & trees, and long dresses and bare feet - but I don't want a huge slobbery dog, thank you. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
Henry and Mudge are best buds. Young kids love these books because they can actually read the words on their own! The adventure is simple, but fun enough for little ones. ( )
  ekrynen | Nov 23, 2014 |

Cynthia Rylantprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stevenson, SucieIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

FOR USE IN SCHOOLS AND LIBRARIES ONLY. A series about an only child and his huge best friend, a mastiff named Mudge.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:52 -0400)

Henry, feeling lonely on a street without any other children, finds companionship and love in a big dog named Mudge.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,855,104 books! | Top bar: Always visible