I'll Teach My Dog a Lot of Words…

I'll Teach My Dog a Lot of Words (Bright & Early Board Books(TM)) (edition 1999)

by Michael Frith, P.D. Eastman (Illustrator)

Title:I'll Teach My Dog a Lot of Words (Bright & Early Board Books(TM))
Authors:Michael Frith
Other authors:P.D. Eastman (Illustrator)
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (1999), Board book, 12 pages

I'll Teach My Dog a Lot of Words (Bright & Early Board Books(TM)) by Michael Frith

It is, of course, valuable to have more pictures of dogs by PD Eastman, he of Go, Dog, Go! fame, but come on, Michael Frith (the author of the words in this book), you're teaching your dog a combination of goony dog commands like shake a paw and basic kid words like up and down? Its boring and pedestrian, when you could have taken a leaf from PD Eastman's (other, better) book and taught him words like "dogs in cars again" and "A DOG PARTY!!!!" Fine, phrases. ( )
1 vote MeditationesMartini | Nov 17, 2015 |
10 months - a good very early reader for learning opposites, colors and various words. Great for teaching signs. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
I didn't care much for the words in this book at all. It didn't suck me along at all & just seemed kind of dumb. (This from a guy that rated [b:Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb|857501|Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb|Al Perkins|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1320420689s/857501.jpg|19838] & [b:Hippos Go Berserk!|815985|Hippos Go Berserk!|Sandra Boynton|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1348176620s/815985.jpg|801906] with 5 stars.) The illustrations were good, though. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |

Michael Frithprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eastman, P.D.Illustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Frith, Michaelmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0375800999, Board book)

In this simple adaptation of Michael Frith's classic Bright & Early Book™, I'll Teach My Dog 100 Words, a pet owner doesn't just teach basics like beg and bark, but also such unlikely canine commands as Shine my shoe! Kiss a goose! and Clean the zoo!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:04 -0400)

A youngster plans all the things he will teach his puppy.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,852,374 books! | Top bar: Always visible