It's Mine! by Leo Lionni

It's Mine!

by Leo Lionni

I really liked this book for several reasons. The first reason being that the main characters were very believable, especially for young children. The main characters were three little frogs named Milton, Rupert, and Lydia. These three little frogs fought over everything, all of them always saying, “It’s mine!” Younger children can relate to these three frogs so well since sharing is something that is difficult for every child at some point. I also really enjoyed the illustrations. Each illustration fits the written text on that page. For example, on one page, there is a picture of Rupert on land, who appears to be shouting and looking down at Milton and Lydia who are in the water trying to get out. The text on the page reads, “’Get off the island!’ shouted Rupert. ‘The earth is mine.’” This book would be great to use in a classroom with young children because it teaches them the valuable lesson of sharing, which many of them are probably struggling with at their age. The book shows young children that sharing and being together is much more fun (and important) than being alone. ( )
  LBundi1 | Oct 4, 2015 |
This is another good book for reading aloud to children. This book is perfect for teaching how much better life is when you cooperate, thank you Mr. toad! I always like the books that give you a good moral talking point such as cooperation. ( )
1 vote alanbuffington | Sep 7, 2015 |
Good book for teaching main idea and theme. Main idea - Three frogs are always fighting until a toad shows them how much better life is when you work together. Themes - Cooperation, Sharing Author's Message - When you share and depend on one another, life is better. ( )
  shaberstroh | Sep 22, 2014 |
I loved reading It's Mine. I thought this was a great book because of its illustrations and because of the plot line. I loved the plot line because it took the reader through the transition of the three frogs learning to share. The frogs initially want things all to themselves, but through the book they learn that it is more fun to share. At the end the author writes, "They felt happy in a way they had never been before." I also loved the use of texture in the illustrations. The pictures all appear to be cut out from various materials and patterned papers. The different textures are very appealing and fun to look at. My favorite picture is the page where the frogs are all hiding from the storm together. The main message I took from this book is the importance of sharing with others. ( )
  NikkiDahlen | Mar 28, 2014 |
A cute book about three quarrelsome frogs. (Wouldn't it be great if sibling rivalry were solved with this book!) Leo Lionni has great simplistic illustrations. This book is fun to read - not a lot to the story - but an easy read for children. ( )
  JenWinans | Mar 16, 2014 |

Three selfish frogs live together on an island in the middle of Rainbow Pond. All day long they bicker: It’s mine! It’s mine! It’s mine! But a bad storm and a big brown toad help them realize that sharing is much more fun. With characteristic clarity, simplicity and exuberance, Leo Lionni makes it possible for kids to see themselves through the antics of others who share our world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:57 -0400)

Three selfish frogs quarrel over who owns their pond and island, until a storm makes them value the benefits of sharing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,727,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible