The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to…

The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (1997)

by Miguel Ruiz

3,420571,579 (3.82)32

This little book packs a lot of wisdom & good advice. The four agreements are 1. Be Impeccable with your word 2.Don't take anything personally 3. Don't make assumptions and 4. Always do your best.
No matter your belief system/religious beliefs, these four agreements can apply. The writing seemed a little "new age" to me in some parts, but not the message. I will read this again. And probably again. ( )
  michele.juza | Feb 25, 2015 |
I feel this book is worth reading even though I don't always agree with everything in it. The basic principals are good and worth working into your daily routine. ( )
  CinderH | Dec 1, 2014 |
missing
  annekris | Aug 3, 2014 |
I could listen to Peter Coyote read the phone book, No, REALLY! This book dare one to make four "easy" Toltec agreements with yourself that are anything but and have the power to significantly affect your life view. ( )
  librarygeek33 | Jul 28, 2014 |
An inspiring read. This can speak to anyone, regardless of religion (or lack thereof). ( )
  loewen | Jul 24, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 187842484X, Hardcover)

At the heart of the Toltec teachings are the "Four Agreements (Los Cuatro Acuerdos)." According to don Miguel Ruiz, a Toltec nagual, or shaman, everything we do is based on agreements we have made -- agreements with ourselves, with other people, with God, with life. But the most important agreements are the ones we make with ourselves. In these agreements we tell ourselves who we are, how to behave, what is possible, what is impossible. One single agreement is not such a problem, but we have many agreements that come from fear, deplete our energy, and diminish our self-worth. In Los Cuatro Acuerdos, don Miguel reveals the source of self-limiting agreements that rob us of joy and create needless suffering. When we are ready to change these agreements, there are four deceptively simple, yet powerful agreements that we can adopt as guiding principles. Based on ancient Toltec wisdom, the four Agreements offer a powerful code of conduct that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness, and love.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:32:39 -0400)

Presents advice on how to gain personal freedom by following the wisdom of the Toltecs.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,788,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible