Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Los cuatro acuerdos: una guia practica para…

Los cuatro acuerdos: una guia practica para la libertad personal (Spanish… (original 1997; edition 1999)

by Don Miguel Ruiz (Author)

The author uses ancient Toltec wisdom to fashion a personal philosophy around these four principles--be impeccable with your word, don't take anything personally, don't make assumptions and always do your best.
Member:TerraLaurel
Title:Los cuatro acuerdos: una guia practica para la libertad personal (Spanish Edition)
Authors:Don Miguel Ruiz (Author)
Info:Amber-Allen Publishing (1999), 142 pages

The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Miguel Ruiz (1997)

English (95)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (97)
See my note on the book here:
[http://gypsylibrarian.blogspot.com/2006/07/booknote-four-agreements.html] ( )
  bloodravenlib | Aug 17, 2020 |
IF there were 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 stars I would give that to this book. This is an essential read for anyone with a heart for relationships and personal freedom. ( )
  Jolene.M | Jul 30, 2020 |
My skeptic radar engaged when the opening started describing ancient Toltec wisdom. Ruiz quickly won me over by sharing simple, deep concepts for overcoming all of the noise and conflict within us. As much as I’m tempted to re-state the four agreements here, I prefer to leave that introduction to the author. Instead, I’ll translate their meaning as showing the value of each of us being honest with ourselves, direct with others, and authentic in everything we do. Ruiz repeatedly references the “agreements” we make with ourselves based on who we think we’re supposed to be, often to please others. Such agreements are powerful and require the same level of energy we applied in making them. This book reads quickly, provokes self-awareness, and is well worth the short investment of time. ( )
  jpsnow | Jul 5, 2020 |
New age clap trap . Sadly, this is basically just cult-style pseudo-religious pseudo-philosophical crap. There is a basic underlying "ok"-ness to the book. Things that are universally "true" like "be nice to others" "don't judge yourself" "don't judge others" and then there is everything else around it.

Its nothing more than new age "hippie" crap, with a shell of pseudo-religion, pseudo-psychology, pseudo-philosophy, pseudo-everything basically. It all flies out the window when it firstly starts telling you that you can believe and give people emotional poison that turns into REAL cancer in them just by telling them they HAVE cancer. (I.... I don't think this is how science works at all.) And this isn't meant to be taking metaphorically because he speaks of it literally here and in a few other places in a similar way.

There is also a few other passages where he outright contradicts himself within the same paragraph itself. And the amount of repetition to just to try and drive home some of the 'ideologies' and to make this appear more insightful and longer.

Once you get to the back of the book and see the "to continue reading" you quickly realize how much of a 'cult' style religiosity he attempted here and how his main goal is a money factory moreso than anything else.

Maybe thats me being jaded or skeptical, but I don't know. I honestly was more thinking he was a genuine "cult" believer of his own ideology until I read the final "prayers" and "Also buy this from me" section. So, *shrug*, maybe its just a 'mileage may vary'. But I would personally steer clear of this mental crap and his 'agenda' that is probably pretty dormant/hidden underneath it all (and thus stay clear of the man himself). ( )
  BenKline | Jul 1, 2020 |
“The Four Agreements” is an interesting book. I don’t quite follow the parts concerning the ‘naguals’. I understand that they are men and women of wisdom. The four agreements, however, have nothing to do with any ancient wisdom. These agreements are worth implementing in our daily lives. Would you call it common sense wisdom? Yes.

The author asks us to forget all we have learned. It is not easy to forget all we have learned unless we know what to do with the rest of our lives.

Yes, as he has said, we have been domesticated all our lives. This fact is true. Giving up the past is not easy. It takes deep commitment to reach into our selves, and find the path forward.

However, I do like the book, especially for the first two agreements, as well as for the somewhat straightforward writing style. ( )
  RajivC | Jun 10, 2020 |
To the Circle of Fire;
those who have gone before,
those who are present,
and those who have yet to come.
What you are seeing and hearing right now is nothing but a dream.

Beyond Words Publishing

3 editions of this book were published by Beyond Words Publishing.

Editions: 1878424319, 187842436X, 1878424777

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,713,515 books! | Top bar: Always visible