Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come! by Nancy…

Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come! (edition 1999)

by Nancy Carlson

Member:CGPreschool
Title:Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come!
Authors:Nancy Carlson
Info:Viking Juvenile (1999), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:school

Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come! by Nancy Carlson

Recently added byMessiahELC, private library, marypca, HCDS, biblio99, OurRedeemerNursery

This book is so fun! I would love to incorporate this into my pre kindergarten classroom as one of the last days of class befor ethe summer. It talks all about the fun, exciting, and scary elements of going to kindergarten, but I think the children would get very excited about what is to come while reading it. ( )
  TaylorDarnell | Nov 6, 2016 |
the book discusses Henry and what he is going to do while he's in kindergarten while walking with his mom to school. Great book for the end of the year to discuss what children should expect in kindergarten.
1 book
  TUCC | Oct 10, 2016 |
  wichitafriendsschool | Jul 11, 2016 |
This book is so cute! My son is going to school and I am very much afraid of how his first day going to be. I love the illustrations that are being included here that are very colorful and attractive. I am sure that my son will be excited to go in school since he have seen this book. ( )
  CristinaAllen | May 22, 2016 |
“Look Out, Kindergarten, Here I Come!” is a great bilingual book about the first day of kindergarten. The book includes the text written in English above the pictures, and in Spanish below the pictures. These types of books are fantastic for English language learners who can read fluently in Spanish, but not yet in English. Students can compare the two different texts and use the native language text to figure out some of the words in English that they may not know. Another thing that I enjoyed about the book was the illustrations. First of all, the illustrations were very colorful and filled up nearly the entire page. In addition, the characters were animals and all had very happy and excited expressions on every page. These types of illustrations would be very appealing to a child and help get them excited for their first day of school. The main idea of the book is that Kindergarten is fun and there is no reason to be scared. ( )
  cschne11 | Nov 12, 2014 |

The first day of kindergarten is finally here, and Henry can't wait to paint pictures, sing songs, and practice counting. When he gets to school, though, he's not so sure he's ready for kindergarten. But before long Henry discovers that the only thing he's not ready for is how much fun he's going to have at school! This gently humorous, encouraging story will give children about to enter kindergarten an extra boost of confidence.

"Perfect for parents to share with their children, and the endearing Henry will offer reassurance to even the most hesitant prekindergartners."
-Booklist

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:08 -0400)

Even though Henry is looking forward to going to kindergarten, he is not sure about staying once he first gets there.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,806,903 books! | Top bar: Always visible