Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready For…

Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready For Kindergarten (1996)

by Joseph Slate

Other authors: Ashley Wolff (Illustrator), Ashley Wolff (Illustrator), Ashley Wolff (Illustrator)

Series: Miss Bindergarten (1)

This would be a great book to use to introduce letters to students and for pairing students names with the beginning letter of their name. ( )
  kristinanairn | Sep 22, 2015 |
Great for the first day of Kindergarten! Talks about getting prepared for the first day while incorporating the letters and rhyming! I read this with my Kindergartners and afterwards we went on a letter hunt around the school, which was a fun way to give them a tour of the building! ( )
  lmckenzie | Aug 29, 2015 |
This book is great for the first day of kindergarten or the last day of pre-kindergarten. It is about how much work the teacher and students have to put into getting ready for kindergarten and by the end of the book the teacher is ready for school. ( )
  Kelsly93 | Apr 30, 2015 |
Great book about how a teacher prepares for her/his first day of class, as well as how students prepare for their first days. I like how animals are used in this book and there is rhyming that goes on. ( )
  TeresaCruz | Oct 15, 2014 |
Author: Joseph Slate
Title: Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready For Kindergarten
Illustrator: Ashley Wolf
Publisher: Puffin children's Books
Date: 2001
Pages: 35
Summary: Mrs. Bindergarten is preparing her classroom for the upcoming school year. Each students first name starts with a letter from the alphabet, which starts with A and ends with Z. Finally upon meeting all the children, Mrs. Bindergarten gets her classroom finished right in time!

I really enjoyed this book. It wasn't boring and it did a great job displaying the alphabet. I also really liked the illustrations, they are very colorful which I know kids will enjoy!
  emfro20 | Mar 24, 2014 |

Joseph Slateprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wolff, AshleyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To Maureen Sheridan Johnson and all the other Miss Bindergartens, whereer you are --J.S.
For Margy and Bill, two of my favorite teachers--A.W.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0140562737, Paperback)

On the first day of kindergarten, Miss Bindergarten must prepare her classroom for her beloved students. This noble, whimsical teacher greets her dark, summertime-empty classroom with an explosion of color--a bouquet of fall leaves, a goldfish, rolled-up posters, and shoeboxes full of no-doubt-delightful surprises. Meanwhile, her young students get ready, too: "Adam Krupp wakes up. Brenda Heath brushes her teeth. Christopher Beaker finds his sneaker." Author Joseph Slate matches each animal character with a letter of the alphabet, and readers can flip to the back to discover that Adam is an alligator, Brenda is a beaver, and Christopher is a cat--and so on, through the more obscure animals such as the quokka and the Uakari monkey. Youngsters will relish the scenes of school preparation, adorned by rhyming text: a mother iguana dragging her son Ian Lowe (who cries "I won't go!") out the front door, and the little vole Vicki Densel biting her pencil. And of course Miss Bindergarten is the kindergarten teacher we either remember fondly or wish we had. The final back-to-school classroom scene explodes with love and pride and the smell of freshly sharpened pencils. For kids who adore this book--and there are thousands--don't miss Joseph Slate and Ashley Wolff's second loving tribute to teachers and students, Miss Bindergarten Celebrates the 100th Day of Kindergarten. (Ages 4 and older) --Karin Snelson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:08 -0400)

Introduces the letters of the alphabet as Miss Bindergarten and her students get ready for kindergarten.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,719,753 books! | Top bar: Always visible