The Colors of Us by Karen Katz

The Colors of Us

by Karen Katz

The story The Colors of Us is about a little girl named Lena who discovers that people come in a bunch of different shades of brown, that we're not all the same. This story uses different descriptive words to describe the various shades our skin colors are. This book teaches children that it's normal that we all are different colors and it's ok.
  CharleenWB | May 19, 2019 |
Katz uses vibrant illustrations to highlight on a day of a young girl learning about all the different colors of skin.
  maddiefinnigan | May 18, 2019 |
Lena wants to draw a picture of herself and uses a brown shade for her skin. After walking in the neighborhood she realizes brown comes in different shades. ( )
  Danielle_Rojas | Nov 26, 2018 |
Seven-year-old Lena is going to paint a picture of herself. She wants to use brown paint for her skin. But when she and her mother take a walk through the neighborhood, Lena learns that brown comes in many different shades.
  keiry.lopez | Nov 6, 2018 |
5 stars
  kaetlynsandoval | Nov 6, 2018 |
To all the kids in the world,
especially my beautiful daughter, Lena,
and to my mom,
for believing the artist in me

Special thanks to Laura
My name is Lena, and I am seven.

New big books to share with a group!

Big books are ideal for use with a large group--they are oversized at 14-1/2 x 18 inches. A perfect way to enjoy Holt favorites with many children at once!

Seven-year-old Lena wants to use brown paint to paint a picture of herself. She and her mother take a walk, and Lena learns that brown comes in many different shades.

Also available in big book format:

Here Are My Hands
By Bill Martin Jr and John Archambault, illustrated by Ted Rand

In the Small, Small Pond
By Denise Fleming

Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See?
By Bill Martin Jr, illustrated by Eric Carle

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:53 -0400)

Seven-year-old Lena and her mother observe the variations in the color of their friends' skin, viewed in terms of foods and things found in nature.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,758,827 books! | Top bar: Always visible