The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds: A Book…

The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds: A Book About How Living Things Grow (original 1995; edition 1995)

by Joanna Cole, J Cole, B Degan, John Speirs (Illustrator), Bruce Degan (Illustrator)

1,040128,110 (3.97)None
Member:jroy218
Title:The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds: A Book About How Living Things Grow
Authors:Joanna Cole
Other authors:J Cole, B Degan, John Speirs (Illustrator), Bruce Degan (Illustrator)
Info:Scholastic Paperbacks (1995), Paperback, 32 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:nonfiction, informational picture storybook, 500s, 32 pgs., K - 3, plants, 420L

The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds by Joanna Cole (1995)

I liked this book for two reasons. One reason I liked this book was for language. Since it was an informational book, there were a lot of vocabulary words that were relevant to the topic. Not only were the vocabulary words in this book relevant to the topic, the vocabulary words were also age appropriate. For example, since this book is targeting students in K-2nd Grade, one vocabulary word was anther, which is the part of the flower that makes pollen. I thought that anther was a very age appropriate word. Another reason I liked this book was for the plot. Most informational books do not have a plot, but this book was also somewhat of a modern fantasy book as well due to their Magic School Bus. I thought that combining the two genres is an effective way to get children interested in informational books. The plot of this book would keep children engaged while also learning about plants and seeds. ( )
  akwon3 | Oct 1, 2014 |
There is a photographer at Mrs. Frizzle's school to take pictures of a garden they are growing. Ms. Frizzle and her class go to Phoebe’s old school and go inside one of the plants that she had planted so it will grow in their garden for the photo. It turns into a learning experience of how plants grow and how seeds are made.

This book really gets the imagination going. The characters in this book make the reader wish to have Ms. Frizzle as a teacher to go on all these exciting adventures and see how things are done or made. The style of the writing is enthusiastic and interesting; it keeps the reader wanting to know more.

Reading Level: Primary
  rdg301library | May 27, 2014 |
In my opinion this is a great informational and narrative text. I think the writing is engaging for the reader in a narrative form but it also provides educational information for the reader. Ms. Frizzle and her class go on a trip in their bus that turns into a bee, they land in a flower and learn about the parts of the flower. “I think we’re on this center part—the stigma”, this was said by one of the students. There is also a letter provided in the back of the book signed by Ms. Frizzle. The letter discusses what pollen is and how seeds travel from flower to flower and what parts of the flower are used in the process. I think it presents the educational information in a narrative form in the structure of a letter from Ms. Frizzle. I think the main idea of this book is to present the information of how plant seeds travel in a fun and imaginative way for a reader. ( )
  awalls4 | Feb 27, 2014 |
i like this book because you learn the different parts of a plant.You can also learn what is in the flower.i gave this book a 5 in rating. ( )
  library1234 | Nov 21, 2013 |
Joanna Cole's "Magic School Bus" series walk the fine line between fact and fiction but give the reader a lot of information on different science topics. This book discusses the way a plant becomes pollinated and reproduces. I like these books because they peak students' interests. There is a lot happening all at once, so the reader has to follow along. I do like at the end of the book they have a note from "Ms. Frizzle" which goes into a little more depth on the most important parts of the story. My students like these books because they like the story that goes along with them. I am happy they like them so they can gather even more information on science topics! ( )
  jroy218 | Nov 6, 2012 |

Ms. Frizzle's class is growing a beautiful garden, but Phoebe's plot is empty. Her flowers are at her old school! So, the kids climb aboard the Magic School Bus. They go to Phoebe's old school to get some of her old flowers, but they end up actually going inside the flowers. Follow the kids' colourful adventure as they learn how living things grow.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:19 -0400)

Miss Frezzle's class plants a garden and travels via the magic school bus inside a flower.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,036,902 books! | Top bar: Always visible