Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Who Took the Cookies from the Cookie Jar? by…

Who Took the Cookies from the Cookie Jar?

by Bonnie Lass, Philemon Sturges

Other authors: Ashley Wolff (Illustrator)

Typical retelling of the cookie jar song where the woodland animals are all blamed for taking the cookies.
1 book
  TUCC | May 30, 2018 |
Goes around and around to each animal accusing them of taking the cookie. very repetitive, but teaches kids animals etc. then the little kangaroo admits that he took the cookie and says he will share.
  Jennamg123 | Oct 13, 2016 |
I had mixed feelings after reading "Who Took the Cookies from the Cookie Jar?" for a few reasons. I liked the book because of the patterned language used throughout. On almost every page it asked "Then who took the cookies? The jar was full! Where did they go? Mmm... Oh!... Now I know..." Through the use of this language the author was able to create a song within the story itself. Thus, keeping the reader entertained. However, for the same reason I did not like the book. Due to the fact that the language was very repetitive I did not take interest in the book while I was reading. Singing "Who took the cookies from the cookie jar?" over and over about four times on one page was too much. Although it might entertain young children I had no interest. On a positive note the book did have an organized plot as the skunk made his way around the town asking every animal if they took his cookies. "Mouse took the cookies from the cookie jar!" or "Raven took the cookies from the cookie jar!" for example. The author creates an imaginative setting through the use of the plot which is paired with great illustrations. As the readers follow the story they see the trail that the skunk follows, helping him solve the mystery. All in all I think that the 'big idea' of this story is to never give up on something you want to find or figure out. In other words, by pursuing something you lost you may eventually find it. ( )
  madigischel | Sep 3, 2016 |
"Who Took the Cookies From the Cookie Jar?" is an story that has been revamped throughout the years. The rhyming and predictable text this book creates a story line that will always be remembered. The continues chant "who me, couldn't be" allows readers to get involved with story. Another nice feature of this story is the factual information about the accused animals. For instance, when the squirrel was accused, the author inputs that squirrel eats nuts. At the beginning of the book there is a song that students/readers can participate in. This book has an everlasting spot on bookselves in the classroom and at home.
  Tiff16Lyle | Oct 9, 2013 |
This is a good example of fantasy because it goes along with a popular song but has animals in it. As the skunk goes along asking who took the cookies you learn about what other animals do which is why they wouldn't have taken the cookies.
Plot: The plot keeps you interested because you want to know who took the cookies.
Media: Mixed media ( )
  wturnbull06 | Oct 22, 2008 |

Bonnie Lassprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sturges, Philemonmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Wolff, AshleyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316820164, Hardcover)

This text is a fun adaptation of the classic playground song. Help Skunk solve the mystery as he asks each of his animal friends, Mouse, Raven, Squirrel, Rabbit, Turtle, Raccoon, Snake, Beaver, and Frog, who took the cookie from the cookie jar?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:41 -0400)

A raccoon tries to find out which of his animal friends stole the cookies.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,466,752 books! | Top bar: Always visible