Confessor by Terry Goodkind

English (41)  Italian (2)  German (1)  All languages (44)
I know I could write a lot about this book and series, but I'll keep it short. The main thing is that all books need a message, but that message doesn't need to be on every page. While reading this book I ended up skimming paragraphs or whole pages, because I had read it all before in several previous books of the series. But still the book had moments, and it was good to see it all wrapped up. ( )
  amuskopf | Jun 7, 2018 |
Finally, the story moves along at a much brisker pace. If the action had been evened out a bit over some of the previous books (where not a lot happened) then this one might not have felt so hectic. True, there was a happy ending, and some of my favourite characters made an appearance, such as Gratch, the red dragon, and the mud people. However, some key characters were killed off, without much ceremony - General Tremmick of the first file... He was not mentioned at all after he was consumed by a lava-hot Beast. Not a thought was spent on him. But yes, there was a lot to get through which I was pleased with in general, All the loose ends were tied up, and there was no time for dragging out any unpleasantness that was happening to Richard or Kahlan or anybody else for that matter. ( )
  LindaLiu | Mar 7, 2018 |
ends the Sword of Truth saga. It is obvious that Goodkind has an axe to grind against organized religion and it really comes through in this book. A socio-philosophical diatribe in many respects. Quite a few of the conversations between characters were simply mouthings of Goodkind's thoughts on Determinism. I am glad this is done. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
Amazing end to the series! The first book was great, most of the others were just okay...but this one was incredible. I loved it all the way through. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
The last book in the Sword of Truth series. The two things I didn't like about the Chainfire trilogy was 1) not enough of the Kahlan that we all know and love. I understand that even without her memory, she is still the smart and intelligent woman that we have grown to love and cherish, but at the same time, it was awful to feel the isolation that she felt during this time. I'm just glad that she was finally reunited with Richard in the end. 2) Way too much philosophy in these last few books. And violence and gore. Without the magic of the Midlands, this would have turned out to be a non-fantasy book.

Anyways, great ending to a series. It will be in my heart forever and always. ( )
  jms001 | Jun 14, 2015 |

Goodkind, Terryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Giorgi, GabrieleTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parkinson, KeithCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my good friend Mark Masters, a man of remarkable creativity, determination, and achievement. He is living proff of all that I write about: that one man, through his joyful love of life, the valor of decency, and the calm grae of strength devoid of hate, can inspire all who know him with the nobility of the human spirit.
For the second time that day, a woman stabbed Richard.

Descending into darkness, about to be overwhelmed by evil, those people still free are powerless to stop the coming dawn of a savage new world, while Richard faces the guilt of knowing that he must let it happen. Alone, he must bear the weight of a sin he dare not confess to the one person he loves…and has lost.

Join Richard and Kahlan in the concluding novel of one of the most remarkable and memorable journeys ever written. It started with one rule, and will end with the rule of all rules, the rule unwritten, the rule unspoken since the dawn of history.
When next the sun rises, the world will be forever changed.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:53 -0400)

With the world on the brink of total chaos and the people on the verge of savagery, Richard Rahl confronts his own guilt over the situation and struggles to deal with the loss of the one person he loves.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,801,890 books! | Top bar: Always visible