Confessor (Sword of Truth) by Terry Goodkind

Confessor (Sword of Truth) (edition 2008)

by Terry Goodkind

Member:kappasigma
Title:Confessor (Sword of Truth)
Authors:Terry Goodkind
Info:Tor Fantasy (2008), Edition: First Edition, Mass Market Paperback, 768 pages

Confessor by Terry Goodkind

Recently added byangelista, tomwynd, Kiajia, vlegler, LordValois, viashino, TElleryHodges, private library, LadyBrook3

English (35)  Italian (2)  German (1)  All languages (38)
How do you conclude an eleven book epic fantasy series satisfactorily? I have no idea, but Terry Goodkind did fairly well in my opinion. When I finished this series for the first time years ago I know I was disappointed that I wouldn't hear anymore about Richard and Kahlan. Now that I know there is another book about the two, I am overjoyed to hear their new adventure. This story, this arc from book 5-11, has been concluded though. Like the previous two novels in the series, this one is particularly dark. Not for the light-hearted. The world, Goodkind’s writing style, all of it, has given me something special. This is my second reading of these eleven books and I’m sure in a few more years I will be back and reading them again. Each book has a central philosophical idea, and while Richard is very multi-talented, there is still the effect that he’s not perfect, that he’s real, just very smart. I recommend this series to everyone above the age of 16, no matter which genre you like. I’m very excited about the new book Goodkind wrote after this conclusion. ( )
  Kassilem | Oct 30, 2012 |
Okay I gave this 4 stars, not because I thought it was brilliant but because I had a hard time putting it down. I thought it did a good job of wrapping up the 1000's of pages that came before it in the series. I have to say I am extremely relieved to be done with this series but I also must say that I will miss this world and these characters. I feel like I have spent a lot of time with them over the years. The Sword of Truth series was always a love/hate thing for me. It drove me crazy but I was always compelled to see what happened next. ( )
  Iudita | Oct 29, 2012 |
Once upon a time I loved this series. If you've got this far, either you still loved it, or like me at the time this book came out you were a completest. (Goodkind and LK Hamilton cured me of that with their series.) If you still loved the series thus far, I doubt this will disappoint. If you've been hanging on hoping Goodkind would somehow redeem himself, abandon hope, all ye who enter here.

Take Ja'La. A game that reminds me of ulama, played in pre-Columbian Mesoamerica to the death. Yes, it's cool, and if this were the first I'd read of Richard I'd probably find the game and Richard's role in it awesome, even if too reminiscent of the film Gladiator. But Richard-fatigue set in for me after he became the master-sculptor in Faith of the Fallen. OK, master tracker, natural leader, magical genius, but c'mon! Can we say Marty-Stu? I know we can! Not even Leonardo da Vinci was this multifaceted. On the other hand, I rather did like the ending. Goodkind painted himself into an ethical and plotting corner with The Pillars of Creation and I did like the neat way Goodkind resolved that--and tied his world to ours.

Someday I'm going to have to reread Wizard's First Rule though and see if It's still as awesome and enjoyable as I remember. Because I can't believe the same author produced something I found so good, only to wind up with something so annoyingly mediocre. ( )
  LisaMaria_C | Oct 17, 2012 |
A fitting conclusion to the Sword of Truth series. This volume continues the story lines laid out in Chainfire and Phantom, with the memory of Kahlan wiped out in everyone but Richard and Richard himself struggling as a captive of the Imperial Order forced to participate in deadly Ja'La matches. But despite setbacks, Richard, Kahlan, and their friends prove to have a fighting chance at survival and Terry Goodkind is able to bring their story to a satisfying conclusion. ( )
  wagner.sarah35 | Jul 1, 2012 |

Goodkind, Terryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Giorgi, GabrieleTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parkinson, KeithCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my good friend Mark Masters, a man of remarkable creativity, determination, and achievement. He is living proff of all that I write about: that one man, through his joyful love of life, the valor of decency, and the calm grae of strength devoid of hate, can inspire all who know him with the nobility of the human spirit.
For the second time that day, a woman stabbed Richard.

Descending into darkness, about to be overwhelmed by evil, those people still free are powerless to stop the coming dawn of a savage new world, while Richard faces the guilt of knowing that he must let it happen. Alone, he must bear the weight of a sin he dare not confess to the one person he loves…and has lost.

Join Richard and Kahlan in the concluding novel of one of the most remarkable and memorable journeys ever written. It started with one rule, and will end with the rule of all rules, the rule unwritten, the rule unspoken since the dawn of history.
When next the sun rises, the world will be forever changed.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:51 -0400)

With the world on the brink of total chaos and the people on the verge of savagery, Richard Rahl confronts his own guilt over the situation and struggles to deal with the loss of the one person he loves.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,319,701 books! | Top bar: Always visible