Confessor (Sword of Truth) by Terry Goodkind

Confessor (Sword of Truth) (edition 2008)

by Terry Goodkind

Member:kappasigma
Title:Confessor (Sword of Truth)
Authors:Terry Goodkind
Info:Tor Fantasy (2008), Edition: First Edition, Mass Market Paperback, 768 pages

Confessor by Terry Goodkind

English (37)  Italian (2)  German (1)  All languages (40)
The last book in the Sword of Truth series. The two things I didn't like about the Chainfire trilogy was 1) not enough of the Kahlan that we all know and love. I understand that even without her memory, she is still the smart and intelligent woman that we have grown to love and cherish, but at the same time, it was awful to feel the isolation that she felt during this time. I'm just glad that she was finally reunited with Richard in the end. 2) Way too much philosophy in these last few books. And violence and gore. Without the magic of the Midlands, this would have turned out to be a non-fantasy book.

Anyways, great ending to a series. It will be in my heart forever and always. ( )
  jms001 | Jun 14, 2015 |
After 15 years of reading this series, we've at last reached the end. Wow.

Was the book everything I hoped for and more? No - it wasn’t. Somewhere along the way, Goodkind lost sight of the stories and went for the long, drawn-out oratories that no one really cared to read - especially after they had read them five times before in his other SoT novels.

However, this book did bring resolution to many story lines that had emerged through the 11-book series. It was gratifying to see several old characters make appearances. There were a few surprises. Some unnecessary deaths. Some “WTF” moments when characters revealed previously unknown abilities - but whatever.

What I wish Goodkind had done was cut out half the Ayn Rand mumbo jumbo from “Chainfire” and “Phantom” and instead have used that space to really flesh out "Confessor," which felt extremely crammed into 608 pages.

It will be interesting to see where Goodkind heads now, with this series at long last brought to a close. ( )
  Jawin | Mar 10, 2015 |
How do you conclude an eleven book epic fantasy series satisfactorily? I have no idea, but Terry Goodkind did fairly well in my opinion. When I finished this series for the first time years ago I know I was disappointed that I wouldn't hear anymore about Richard and Kahlan. Now that I know there is another book about the two, I am overjoyed to hear their new adventure. This story, this arc from book 5-11, has been concluded though. Like the previous two novels in the series, this one is particularly dark. Not for the light-hearted. The world, Goodkind’s writing style, all of it, has given me something special. This is my second reading of these eleven books and I’m sure in a few more years I will be back and reading them again. Each book has a central philosophical idea, and while Richard is very multi-talented, there is still the effect that he’s not perfect, that he’s real, just very smart. I recommend this series to everyone above the age of 16, no matter which genre you like. I’m very excited about the new book Goodkind wrote after this conclusion. ( )
  Kassilem | Oct 30, 2012 |
Okay I gave this 4 stars, not because I thought it was brilliant but because I had a hard time putting it down. I thought it did a good job of wrapping up the 1000's of pages that came before it in the series. I have to say I am extremely relieved to be done with this series but I also must say that I will miss this world and these characters. I feel like I have spent a lot of time with them over the years. The Sword of Truth series was always a love/hate thing for me. It drove me crazy but I was always compelled to see what happened next. ( )
  Iudita | Oct 29, 2012 |

Goodkind, Terryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Giorgi, GabrieleTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parkinson, KeithCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my good friend Mark Masters, a man of remarkable creativity, determination, and achievement. He is living proff of all that I write about: that one man, through his joyful love of life, the valor of decency, and the calm grae of strength devoid of hate, can inspire all who know him with the nobility of the human spirit.
For the second time that day, a woman stabbed Richard.

Descending into darkness, about to be overwhelmed by evil, those people still free are powerless to stop the coming dawn of a savage new world, while Richard faces the guilt of knowing that he must let it happen. Alone, he must bear the weight of a sin he dare not confess to the one person he loves…and has lost.

Join Richard and Kahlan in the concluding novel of one of the most remarkable and memorable journeys ever written. It started with one rule, and will end with the rule of all rules, the rule unwritten, the rule unspoken since the dawn of history.
When next the sun rises, the world will be forever changed.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:53 -0400)

With the world on the brink of total chaos and the people on the verge of savagery, Richard Rahl confronts his own guilt over the situation and struggles to deal with the loss of the one person he loves.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,431,280 books! | Top bar: Always visible