Travelers' Tales Mexico

by James O'Reilly (Editor), Larry Habegger (Editor)

Other authors: Alice Adams (Contributor), Shepard Barbash (Contributor), Ron Bernthal (Contributor), Richard Bloom (Contributor), Charles Bowden (Contributor)36 more, Rebecca Bruns (Contributor), Peter Canby (Contributor), Carol Canter (Contributor), Richard A. Cole (Contributor), Ted Conover (Contributor), Jim Conrad (Contributor), Robert B. Cox (Contributor), Anthony DePalma (Contributor), Scott Doggett (Contributor), Lynn Ferrin (Contributor), David Freidel (Contributor), Carlos Fuentes (Contributor), Reed Glenn (Contributor), Ronald D. Goben (Contributor), Tim Golden (Contributor), Jeff Greenwald (Contributor), Joyce Gregory (Contributor), Alma Guillermoprieto (Contributor), Pete Hamill (Contributor), Peter Heller (Contributor), William Langewiesche (Contributor), Peter Laufer (Contributor), Bart McDowell (Contributor), Mary Morris (Contributor), Carol Pucci (Contributor), Alan Riding (Contributor), Richard Rodriguez (Contributor), Jenny Lenore Rosenbaum (Contributor), Donald G. Schueler (Contributor), Rob Schultheis (Contributor), Germaine W. Shames (Contributor), Joel Simon (Contributor), Kate Simon (Contributor), Don Starkell (Contributor), Richard Sterling (Contributor), Frederick W. Turner (Contributor)

Series: Travelers' Tales

It's winter. The holidays are over. For those living in areas where it's still snowing, and even where it's just cold or rainy, it's the time of year when magazines, newspapers, radio, and television are tantalizing us with ads of warm beaches, sunshine, relaxation, water sports, and foo-foo drinks with little umbrellas sticking out of them. Many of us would love to be able to travel to someplace warm, or to a far away place for a new adventure. However, we may not have the time or the resources to do so. Fortunately, Travelers' Tales has just the armchair adventure travel anyone can experience -- the beaches of Thailand, dining on the banks of the Seine, running with the bulls of Pamplona, purchasing a suit in Hong Kong, climbing the Himalayas -- all for only $17.95 (no shots or visa required). O'Reilly and Travelers' Tales have created a national campaign to help you promote Travelers' Tales titles as the great getaway -- for cheap. We'll provide you with marketing materials (signage, T-shirts, buttons, postcards, special discount for inventory order, ad slick, and book displays) to create a window or in-store display during the month of May 1997. The store with the best display wins an overstuffed armchair fully equipped with an airline style seat belt. We'll also provide you with shelftalker coupon books with space on the front for you to stamp your store name and address. The coupon is redeemable for 10% off the purchase of a Travelers' Tales book. Your customer simply tears off the coupon from the shelftalker, completes the information (name and address) on the back, and gives it to the cashier when they're ready to purchase a book. At the end of each month you send us thecoupons used by your customers, and we'll credit your account. We understand that you might be hesitant to send in coupons with the names and addresses of your customers. The reason for retrieving this information is so you can build your customer list, and so we can send a Travelers' Tales newsletter to your customers informing them of new titles available from their local bookstore -- including a reference to your store.… (more)

Lot's of short stories taken from various books, many of which I've ordered. The stories seem to mostly be written in the 1990's with only two written in the late 1980's.
  CatheyMerrill | Jan 7, 2013 |

Starkell, DonContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sterling, RichardContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Turner, Frederick W.Contributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

La verdad padece pero no perece.
Truth suffers but never perishes.

—Mexican Proverb

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,572,272 books! | Top bar: Always visible