Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
The Photoshop CS2 Book for Digital Photographers (edition 2005)
by Scott Kelby
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0321330625, Paperback)Scott Kelby, the best-selling Photoshop author in the world today, once again takes this book to a whole new level as he uncovers the latest, most important and most exciting new Adobe Photoshop CS2 techniques for digital photographers.
This major update to this award-winning, record-breaking book does something for digital photographers that's never been done before–it
cuts through the bull and shows you exactly "how to do it." It's not a bunch of theory; it doesn't challenge you to come up with your own
settings or figure it out on your own. Instead, Scott shows you step-by-step the exact techniques used by today's cutting-edge digital
photographers and, best of all, he shows you, flat-out, exactly which settings to use, when to use them, and why. That's why the previous
version of this book took the digital photography world by storm.
But now, his new CS2, version is even bigger, even better, and exposes even more of the pros most closely guarded secrets, including a special chapter which shows, for the first time ever, step-by-step how to how to set-up Photoshop's color management. He does it by throwing out all the theory, all the techno-babble, and all the confusing charts and graphs and instead just shows you exactly what you need to do (and
LEARN HOW THE PROS DO IT
Each year Scott trains thousands of professional photographers how to use Photoshop, and almost without exception they have the same
questions, the same problems, and the same challenges–and that's exactly what he covers in this book. You'll learn:
• The sharpening techniques the pros really use (there's an entire chapter on, just this!)
• The pros tricks for fixing the most common digital photo problems fast!
• The step-by-step set-up for getting what comes out of your printer to match exactly what you saw on screen
• The retouching secrets of how the pros retouch portraits
• How to process raw digital camera images (plus how to take advantage of all the new Camera Raw features of CS2!)
• How to color correct any photo without breaking a sweat (you'll be amazed at how easy it is–once you know the secret)
• A whole chapter on the latest, most requested Photoshop special effects • How to reduce noise, deal with lens problems, avoid halos, and more
• How to show your work like a pro!
• Plus a host of shortcuts, workarounds, and slick "insider" tricks to send your productivity through the roof!
If you're a digital photographer and you're ready to learn the "tricks of the trade"–the same ones that today's leading pros use to correct,
edit, sharpen, retouch, and present their wor; then this is the book for you.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 18 Nov 2010 22:14:22 -0500)
A step-by-step guide to the fundamental principles and techniques of the digital photography editing process using Photoshop CS2 covers everything from color correction and digital body-sculpting to organization and output.
(summary from another edition)
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.