Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Halfway to the Grave (edition 2007)

by Jeaniene Frost

Member:Lman
Title:Halfway to the Grave
Authors:Jeaniene Frost
Info:New York : Avon Books, 2007.
Collections:Ebook, Books Mooched, Read and given away
Rating:***
Tags:Frost Jeaniene 01, SF - Dark fantasy / Horror, SF - Urban fantasy, Paranormal romance, Night Huntress series

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

English (132)  Hungarian (1)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (135)
Let me start out by saying, "I NEED MORE BONES!!" This is one seriously sexy vamp. He's tough, but can be compassionate. He's kind of like Eric in season 4 of TB. (Although he still does not replace Mr. Northman as the hottest vampire ever.) Some of the things he says made me blush and giggle like a school girl. While, we're talking characters I'll discuss Cat. She's a strong female character. She believes she can handle things on her own and finds it hard to rely on a vampire of all things. She makes rash decisions that end up screwing her over. Overall she's a great character, and the banter between her and Bones is easy and natural. There isn't anything that feels awkward between the two. Well, besides that fact that he's a vampire and she thinks all vampires are the most evil creatures on the earth.

The plot was action packed. It kept me intrigued, and it was a battle to put my book down to go to bed. I loved seeing Bones & Cat work together to solve whatever their immediate problem was. They have different approaches to how they handle situations, but together they kick ass.

I highly recommend this book, and I can't wait to read the next book. I'm sure more problems will arise. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
This was a great urban fantasy or paranormal romance (? I always get them confused ? ). It kept me up late, and had me scrambling to finish the next morning. The Cockney accent that the audiobook narrator gives Bones is a bit distracting from his steaminess - but I was forewarned about that. (It makes him sound a bit like Tiny Tim). ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |
Good plot, good characters, a little sexy, but not at the cost of the story. ( )
  LaPhenix | Mar 18, 2016 |
Cool beginning to a series! I got this from my library, it had been an Amazon recommend for awhile. The library though got the second book first and then finally got this one. They can be read standalone, but this one totally adds dimension to the second. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Jeaniene Frost takes Urban Fantasy head on and makes the genre her own with a winning blend of humor, sex, and real emotion that will leave readers eager for more.
added by cmwilson101 | editAmazon.com, Kathryn Smith

Jeaniene Frost is dynamite. Halfway to the Grave is dark, sexy, and supernatural, blended with a touch of humor. I dare you to disagree--Cat will have you staked in five seconds flat.
added by cmwilson101 | editAmazon.com, Cheyenne McCray

Take one half-human/half-vampire female with serious anger and parental issues, add in a sexy ancient vampire with his own agenda, and you have the makings for a truly combustible series. Sign me up for the sequel!
added by cmwilson101 | editRomantic Times

Jeaniene Frostprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gilbert, TaviaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my mother, who always believed in me, even when I didn't.
I stiffened at the red and blue lights flashing behind me, because there was no way I could explain what was in the back of my truck.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061245089, Mass Market Paperback)

Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father—the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.

In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner—are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:27 -0400)

Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield pursues the undead with a vengeance in the hope that one of her prey will be the father who ruined her mother's life, but her plans go awry when she is captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,252,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible