Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Halfway to the Grave (edition 2007)

by Jeaniene Frost

Member:Lman
Title:Halfway to the Grave
Authors:Jeaniene Frost
Info:New York : Avon Books, 2007.
Collections:eBook, Books Mooched, Read and given away
Rating:***
Tags:Frost Jeaniene 01, SF - Dark fantasy / Horror, SF - Urban fantasy, Paranormal romance, Night Huntress series

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

English (120)  Hungarian (1)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (123)
Evil humans, evil vampires, one very hot vampire bounty hunter, a disapproving mother and a half-breed vampire hunteress. Great stuff!

Loved it. There were many hilarious moments involving Cat's lethalness, she's a grim reaper or as Bones likes to call her the 'Red Reaper'. There were also some very sweet and passionate moments. Bones was the only one to accept Cat for who she was and what she could do, he was very patient with her. I'm starting [b:One Foot in the Grave|2168860|One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)|Jeaniene Frost|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5125VFvfyXL._SL75_.jpg|2174436] right now... ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
for relatively flimsy urban fantasy this was pretty good. I will probably continue the series but am not exactly committed to the characters yet. It manages to find a pretty good balance between action and drama.

overall 75% ( )
  jason9292 | Aug 26, 2014 |
This book felt like a total guilty pleasure. There was nothing new or original about the story line, and I knew what was mostly going to happen from about half way through. But that didn't really matter because I loved it anyway. Yes, it was a little cheesy in places, but the characters were fun and likeable, there was some wonderful dialog between the two main characters, the action was faced paced and the sex was hot. The were a few nice little plot twists at the end I didn't actually see coming and a nice set up to lead into the next book in the series. I will definitely be picking up the next one, ( )
  sunset_x_cocktail | Aug 20, 2014 |
Cat and Bones had one hell of a start. I'm quite sad it too me so long to get into this series. It's quite excellent. I'm glad I have the next book lined up and ready to go. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 7, 2014 |
Not bad for a first novel. The characters were funny, and the action was pretty evenly paced. I am glad I just found this series, I would have been irritated having to wait for the second book. ( )
  bonreads | Jun 11, 2014 |
Jeaniene Frost takes Urban Fantasy head on and makes the genre her own with a winning blend of humor, sex, and real emotion that will leave readers eager for more.
added by cmwilson101 | editAmazon.com, Kathryn Smith

Jeaniene Frost is dynamite. Halfway to the Grave is dark, sexy, and supernatural, blended with a touch of humor. I dare you to disagree--Cat will have you staked in five seconds flat.
added by cmwilson101 | editAmazon.com, Cheyenne McCray

Take one half-human/half-vampire female with serious anger and parental issues, add in a sexy ancient vampire with his own agenda, and you have the makings for a truly combustible series. Sign me up for the sequel!
added by cmwilson101 | editRomantic Times

Jeaniene Frostprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gilbert, TaviaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my mother, who always believed in me, even when I didn't.
I stiffened at the red and blue lights flashing behind me, because there was no way I could explain what was in the back of my truck.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061245089, Mass Market Paperback)

Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father—the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.

In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner—are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:24 -0400)

Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield pursues the undead with a vengeance in the hope that one of her prey will be the father who ruined her mother's life, but her plans go awry when she is captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,977,360 books! | Top bar: Always visible