Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Halfway to the Grave (edition 2007)

by Jeaniene Frost

2,023None3,337 (4.07)68
Member:Lman
Title:Halfway to the Grave
Authors:Jeaniene Frost
Info:New York : Avon Books, 2007.
Collections:eBook, Books Mooched, Read and given away
Rating:***
Tags:Frost Jeaniene 01, SF - Dark fantasy / Horror, SF - Urban fantasy, Paranormal romance, Night Huntress series

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

2008 (8) 2009 (12) action (13) audiobook (12) dhampir (8) ebook (40) fantasy (88) fiction (87) ghouls (8) jeaniene frost (16) Kindle (15) mystery (9) Night Huntress (57) night huntress series (15) nook (8) own (14) paperback (9) paranormal (108) paranormal romance (101) read (34) romance (99) series (37) sff (8) supernatural (21) to-read (78) unread (12) urban fantasy (162) vampire hunter (11) vampires (246) wishlist (10)

English (114)  Italian (2)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (117)
God, I love this book. so worth the re-read ( )
  cocktailsandbooks | Apr 7, 2014 |
Funny, witty, and romantic. ( )
  ohmira | Apr 1, 2014 |
Halfway to the Grave is the first book in the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost. I found the premise of this story very interesting, a half-vampire that hunts and kills vampires. Freud would have a ball with her psyche!

For me, the story started out slow and didn't really pick up until after Cat and Bones start hunting together. There was too much time spent on her training with Bones and it got boring, even though their relationship started heating up during the time. This book is definitely not for younger audiences or anyone who is offended by explicit sexual scenes, as there are many.

I definitely wasn't expecting the ending to the book, but I'm not sure I liked it. Still, the book was entertaining overall and I'm intrigued enough to keep going in the series. ( )
  NCRainstorm | Mar 28, 2014 |
Ahh such a good book! I absolutely love Cat and Bones and the end just broke my heart! I need the next book stat! ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
My full review at
Tavia">http://happy-booker.blogspot.com

Tavia
Gilbert did an amazing job narrating Halfway to the Grave, she brought to life the personality of each of these amazing characters.
Generally speaking, I normally don't enjoy paranormal romance. After reading a couple of books that were recommended to me, I was forced to rethink my position on the genre. I think my issue was not with paranormal romance, I was simply reading the wrong books. Halfway to the Grave was a perfect mixture of romance, excitement, and an exhilarating plot.

One of the things I enjoy most is when I find a book that contains characters that I would want to know, that I would want to hang out with. I was so happy to have found this in this first novel in Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series. Although Cat, the heroine, is the strong female character that I always look for in novels that I read, it was Bones, her vampire boyfriend that stole the show for me. Biting sarcasm, dominant masculinity, and his own brand of integrity made his character stand out to me.

I thought that the Frost's writing was brilliant, setting up scene after scene of nail-biting suspense, not to mention some truly heart pounding sex scenes, that successfully brought this story to life. My highest compliment to this book is that before I turned the last page, I had already bought the rest of the series that are available and am planning to finish them all before starting on anything new.

I've read so many reviews about this book, and I'm so glad that I followed the recommendation of a couple people who have similar tastes as me to read this. I would certainly recommend this series not only to fans of paranormal romance, but also to fans of urban fantasy that haven't found paranormal romance to be to their liking.

Rating: 5 - I can't wait to read the rest of the series. ( )
  a.happy.booker | Mar 14, 2014 |
Jeaniene Frost takes Urban Fantasy head on and makes the genre her own with a winning blend of humor, sex, and real emotion that will leave readers eager for more.
added by cmwilson101 | editAmazon.com, Kathryn Smith

Jeaniene Frost is dynamite. Halfway to the Grave is dark, sexy, and supernatural, blended with a touch of humor. I dare you to disagree--Cat will have you staked in five seconds flat.
added by cmwilson101 | editAmazon.com, Cheyenne McCray

Take one half-human/half-vampire female with serious anger and parental issues, add in a sexy ancient vampire with his own agenda, and you have the makings for a truly combustible series. Sign me up for the sequel!
added by cmwilson101 | editRomantic Times

Jeaniene Frostprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gilbert, TaviaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my mother, who always believed in me, even when I didn't.
I stiffened at the red and blue lights flashing behind me, because there was no way I could explain what was in the back of my truck.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061245089, Mass Market Paperback)

Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father—the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.

In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner—are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:24 -0400)

Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield pursues the undead with a vengeance in the hope that one of her prey will be the father who ruined her mother's life, but her plans go awry when she is captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,408,270 books! | Top bar: Always visible