Akira, Vol. 1 by Katsuhiro Otomo

Akira, Vol. 1 (edition 2009)

by Katsuhiro Otomo, Satoshi Kon (Illustrator)

Series: Akira (1)

Member:Zirl
Title:Akira, Vol. 1
Authors:Katsuhiro Otomo
Other authors:Satoshi Kon (Illustrator)
Info:Kodansha Comics (2009), Paperback, 352 pages

Akira, Volume 1 by Katsuhiro Ōtomo

English (18)  German (1)  Japanese (1)  All languages (20)
A reread for me from when I was younger, there isn't much I'll be able to add to the discussion on this book that hasn't already been said. Reading this as an adult now, tho, I can definitely appreciate the finer and more subtle points of the story. ( )
  tapestry100 | May 13, 2016 |
One of the best manga series AND animated movie feature, hands down. ( )
  ShayLRoss | Mar 16, 2016 |
I know this is a classic, but I'm debating if I want to read more of the series or not. Panel after panel of motorcycle gang machismo isn't really my ideal story. ( )
  EllsbethB | Feb 19, 2016 |

Kimberle (this is you)
3634 books | 44 friends
see comment history
i finished Akira volume 1. it was ok not great but i did request volume 2 (reminds me i need to go see what the holdup is). i was able to follow along even though it's black and white.

one because it was comic strip format and not regular comic book format where pictures change size and sometimes direction throughout the book.

two i am sorta interested in the story. i don't like the main character that much but i can sense a rebellious uprising (¡Viva la Revolución!) and a government secret that will end the world coming in volume 2.
also there is only one female in the story so far. so that could be another reason why i don't like it that much. i prefer my sci-fi and dystopia to have a kick ass heroine in it. ( )
  kdf_333 | Jan 16, 2016 |

Kimberle (this is you)
3634 books | 44 friends
see comment history

kdf_333 | Jan 16, 2016 |

A close encounter /
young punk in over his head /
Yamagata dies.
(leahdawn)

Science fiction tale of 2019 Tokyo after it's destruction in World War III, following the lives of two teenagers, Tetsuo and Kaneda, who must deal with the monstrous consuming power -- Akira.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,262,824 books! | Top bar: Always visible