Good Faeries Bad Faeries by Brian Froud

Good Faeries Bad Faeries (1998)

by Brian Froud

Library borrow; great drawings. inspiration for kids fancy dress. ( )
  velvetink | Mar 31, 2013 |
I had never heard of Froud until I stumbled up this book one day at my local used bookstore. This book fired my imagination and inspired me so so many different ways. From the quirky, to the gruesome, to the hauntingly beautiful, the artwork in this book is truly spectacular! ( )
  NathalieK | Dec 26, 2010 |
I enjoyed the illustrations in this book. Lush might be a word to describe them. I also enjoyed the references to faery lore from other places and times. I think others might enjoy the playfulness/seriousness of the text and descriptions of the faeries attributes, though I found them wearing. It's possible that the fact that it all smacked so much of Animism, which I don't subscribe to in any form, was what tired me of it. ( )
  MrsLee | Apr 29, 2010 |
anything of brian or wendy frouds work is amazing and up lifting making you feel like a child again full of hope and happiness ( )
  fionajane1981 | May 26, 2009 |
A best seller, and you can tell why. Anyone into excellent fantasy art, plus just enough text to explain must add this one to the list.It's a good faery reference also, full of historical research into where some of faery knowledge and myths have come from. Beautiful book. ( )
  PacificBlue | May 14, 2008 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0684847817, Hardcover)

Why are large, illustrated works offhandedly relegated to gather dust on the corner of your coffee table? Sure, you will want to put Good-Faeries/Bad Faeries in an obvious place, somewhere your friends will see it and pick it up, but it's far more than mere decoration. Froud's illustrations have delighted readers since his first book, Faeries, introduced us to the little people of folklore. Good Faeries/Bad Faeries is a doorway to the faery realm of the 20th century, where you'll meet delightful characters like Quempel, who dances to celebrate when something is done well; or the Buttered Toast Faery, who decides which side of a dropped piece of toast will hit the floor--faeries who will call you back so often that Good Faeries/Bad Faeries won't have a chance to gather dust. --Brian Patterson

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:15 -0400)

An inverted volume in which good fairies such as the green man, the wood woman, and the pixies are described from front to back, and bad fairies such as gnomes, Black Annis, and Morgana le Fay are described from back to front.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,092,377 books! | Top bar: Always visible