Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite

Lost Souls (original 1992; edition 2002)

by Poppy Z. Brite

Member:Lynnemurray
Title:Lost Souls
Authors:Poppy Z. Brite
Info:Gauntlet Press (2002), Hardcover, 272 pages

Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite (1992)

Recently added byfirstfloor14, sturlington, James_Patrick_Joyce, private library, LaMala, aputel, DCFP, Akaria

English (32)  German (2)  Finnish (1)  All languages (35)
Nadie mejor que esta autora para hacerte pensar que el incesto es lo menos sorprendente en un libro .

Anne Rice es aburrida , Poppy Z. Brite es aire fresco . Un toque de Rocky Horror Show y dialogos al estilo Greg Araki . Muyyy entretenido todo . ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
This book was a best seller when it came out in 1993. It had a shock value with large doses of vampires, homosexuality and incest. But after twenty years it reads like a mediocre novel with no substance.

A 2/5 star read. ( )
  mausergem | Apr 15, 2015 |
Is it horror or romance? But wait, it's both!

It isn't just sex in this book, but an exploration of how people fall in love, how they stay in love, how they deal with each others' flaws. Being a horror novel (mostly), though, it often wanders into the darker parts of love, abuse, and co-dependency, and mostly takes on the attitude "it's better to die than be alone." Ahhhh...no. Sometimes it's better to be alone.

I liked it, although not as much as Drawing Blood. ( )
1 vote dknippling | Dec 5, 2014 |
I read this book years ago (like '92) and it still resonates with me today. When I read it I found it such an eye opening book. Nothing. I had dreams about green eyes for years. Part of me would like to revisit the characters, but I don't want to ruin the emotional ties this book has for me. I'm sure that my older view point would see the flaws and cut the ties. ( )
1 vote Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |
My absolute favorite book of ALL time. ( )
  esapuridis | Nov 12, 2013 |
For Michael Spencer and Monica Kendrick, the best magicians I know
The night wind felt wonderful in Steve's hair.

Abandoned as an infant, Nothing reads his true name on the handwritten note that was pinned to his baby blanket eighteen years earlier, and discovers that he is the son of a vampire.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,908,184 books! | Top bar: Always visible