Here's To You, Rachel Robinson by Judy Blume

Really enjoyed this. Blume's books translate well even when you're reading as an adult. This story is about Rachel Robinson, a type A high achiever who is endearingly neurotic, and her (somewhat) dysfunctional family - type A mom and abrasive but intelligent brother. I heard Blume is writing another book for adults soon, hope this is true! ( )
  bearette24 | Jul 29, 2014 |
Judy Blume is after my time, so I don't hold her in beloved esteem. Rachel is in seventh grade, and deals with perfectionism, family and friends, and that unattainable boy. Didn't grab me, but might have had a different effect if I were 12. ( )
  ennie | Feb 22, 2014 |
This was very good book. It shows how friends stick together. ( )
  mmontague | Jun 9, 2011 |
I liked this book because, it seemed like a very relate able book among teenage girls. The book was a good length and was a good companion book to "Just As Long As Were Together".
  HaSh1114 | Feb 1, 2011 |
This is a very nice easy read for young pre-teens. I read the book just because I wanted a nice light easy read. I found myself laughing at the girls in the book as I remembered acting sometimes like them.

Rachel Robinson is a 13 year old girl who is highly intelligent and loves to learn. She is the youngest of the children in her family. She has an older brother who she finds annoying. I am sure many sisters would agree that their brother would be annoying too.

Rachel has two friends who she shares almost everything with. Her friends find her brother cute and interesting which makes her mad at them sometimes. ( )
  crazy4reading | Dec 4, 2009 |
To Amanda
Trouble in our family is spelled with a capital C and has been here as long as I can remember.

Rachel's a straight-A student, on every teacher's wish list for Natural Helpers. She practices the flute forty-five minutes a day. But she grinds her teeth at night and dreads dinnertime now that her troublemaker brother, Charles, has been expelled from boarding school and is back home, acting up to get attention from Rachel's parents.
It's the end of seventh grade, and the stress of trying to be perfect is getting to Rachel. Plus she's busy dealing with her sister's acne problem, enjoying her secret crush on her brother's tutor, going on a surprise date with the gorgeous Jeremy Dragon, and keeping her friendship with Stephanie and Alison strong. Could it be that real life is much more interesting than her perfect life? If you're equipped with a good sense of humor, it is!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440219744, Paperback)

Trouble in Rachel's family is spelled with a capital C—for Charles.

From the outside, Rachel looks like the perfect daughter in the perfect family. She’s a straight-A student, a gifted musician, and a good friend. But her older brother, Charles, seems determined to ruin everything. Rachel feels as if it’s all falling apart. Her best friends, Stephanie and Alison, find Charles funny. They urge Rachel to lighten up and enjoy the end of seventh grade. Easy for them to say. Not so easy for Rachel. Not even when Jeremy Dragon, the coolest boy in ninth grade, notices her. Is it possible that perfection isn’t the key to an exciting life?

An ALA Best Book for Young Adults

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:23 -0400)

Expelled from boarding school, Charles' presence at home proves disruptive, especially for sister Rachel, a gifted seventh grader juggling friendships and school activities.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,393,199 books! | Top bar: Always visible