You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay

You Can Heal Your Life (original 1984; edition 1984)

by Louise Hay (Author)

Member:mrstreme
Title:You Can Heal Your Life
Authors:Louise Hay (Author)
Info:Hay House (1984), Edition: 2, 272 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:TBR

You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay (1984)

English (23)  Spanish (2)  All languages (25)
When a book mentioned cancer is caused by negative thinking and the world is abundance with wealth, how much ratings would you give it? ( )
  Jason.Ong.Wicky | Oct 9, 2018 |
Louise Hay can give the impression of being more fluffy and unreal than she really is. She understands that you have problems, she just doesn’t believe that you have to resign yourself to being miserable for the rest of your life.
  smallself | Sep 28, 2018 |
I would really rate this a 3½. To me this is a 'marketing' book: a coalition of many books and writings by Louise Hay, and refers often to a course she runs called 'A Course in Miracles.'

I knew a great deal of this content already as I read a lot of self-help and personal development books. I have also worked through Mirror Work by Louise Hay, which provides more in depth help with 'loving yourself' and would be much more helpful than this book for achieving that.

For someone not having read or worked with any of Louise Hay's other books and courses, this book might be a little overwhelming, and also a little patronising as it assumes a lot about the reader. It tells the reader where they are 'wrong' and how they need to change what they believe and how they think, without in depth detail about how they should go about making that change, only generalising and touching on things, mentioning what would happen in one of the 'A Course in Miracles' sessions. It also puts it all across as though it was a really simple thing to do, when it is not, and it takes a lot of work and self-reflection to do.

It also promotes Louise Hay's own beliefs, about the world and universe, which to me should also be a choice and can be very individual. I do not believe in a single all-powerful being, and I don't believe for a second that we 'choose our parents'. I do however believe that we are born into a family/life that will teach us the lessons we need to learn in this life and they will keep repeating until we understand and learn them. But what I believe about religion or spirituality may not work for another person. I felt it wasn't a necessary addition to this book and had no bearing on what Louise was trying to impart. However, I do believe that we have the power of choice and can change our lives and our thinking by what we choose to focus on and what we believe about ourselves and our life situations. But I think a lot of people would struggle with this book if they didn't subscribe to Louise's personal beliefs which she repeats often.

That being said there is a lot in this book for people that have already done a great deal of reading on these topics and a lot of work and just want to know more about how they can treat their physical problems through emotional and mental practice, as it explains how some emotional struggles can manifest in physical form in the body.

I would recommend other books by Louise Hay's, such as Mirror Work, and by other authors like Wayne Dyer and Katherine Woodward Thomas before looking at this book. To me it was a sort of 'gathering' of all her beliefs and ideas in a simplified form. ( )
  purplequeennl | Jul 11, 2018 |
Ms. Hay's key message: "If we are willing to do the mental work, almost anything can be healed." The author has a great deal of experience and first-hand information to share about healing--including how she cured herself after having been diagnosed as being terminally ill with cancer. In her frequent lectures, workshops and guest appearances on the media, Dr. Hay offers practical steps for dissolving both the fears and the causations of diseases. As a metaphysical counselor, she devotes her life to assisting others in discovering and using the full potential of their own creative powers. Her students are able to clear away the blocks that keep them from robust health and from havig what they want in life.
  CenterPointMN | Jun 13, 2018 |
Great inspiration for healing! Hay teaches us that we have more power to change our health than we think. ( )
  CherieKephart | Aug 3, 2017 |
May this offering help you find the place within where you know your own self-worth-the part of you that is pure love and self-acceptance.
What we think about ourselves becomes the truth for us.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0937611018, Paperback)

If you haven't seen Hay House's Lifestyles series of gorgeous gift books, there is no better way to acquaint yourself than with publisher/author Louise Hay's You Can Heal Your Life. A bestseller for many years, You Can Heal Your Life has been republished with bright, beautiful illustrations in full, living color and exquisite typography--each and every page is a work of art by artist Joan Perrin Falquet. The timeless message of the book is that we are each responsible for our own reality and "dis-ease." Hay believes we make ourselves ill by having thoughts of self-hatred. She includes a directory of ailments and emotional causes for each with a corresponding affirmation to help overcome the illness. For example, the probable cause of multiple sclerosis is "mental hardness, hard-heartedness, iron will, and inflexibility." The healing "thought pattern" would be: "By choosing loving, joyous thoughts, I created a loving joyous world. I am safe and free." --P. Randall Cohan

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:31 -0400)

Argues that everyone is responsible for their own experiences, tells how to lead a more creative and fulfilling life, and discusses work, health, success, and personal relationships.

8 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 1561706280, 0937611018, 1401901395, 1401918131, 1401918123, 1401918174, 1401918107, 1401924425

Beyond Words Publishing

2 editions of this book were published by Beyond Words Publishing.

Editions: 1561706280, 0937611018

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,522,692 books! | Top bar: Always visible