The Holy Bible: Revised Standard Version

by Thomas Nelson & Sons

The first major translation of the Christian Scriptures from the original languages to be undertaken since the King James Version (1611), the Revised Standard Version Bible debuted in 1952 to widespread acclaim. It was subsequently adopted by a spectrum of denominations the world over for useas a text in both public worship and private devotional settings.The RSV dramatically shaped the course of English Bible translation work in the latter half of the Twentieth Century. It remains the Bible of choice for many people.… (more)
    Holy Bible - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) by Wartburg Project (lhungsbe)
    lhungsbe: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.

Finally finished the whole thing, including the Apocrypha. Had read only the New Testament completely before. Now I will go back and do the Old one over again. ( )
  LindaLeeJacobs | Feb 15, 2020 |
Logos Library
  birdsnare | May 16, 2019 |
My parents gave this copy to me. ( )
  PJCWLibrary | Sep 3, 2016 |
Still reading the Book of Matthew over different Bibles.
  Oodles | Feb 16, 2016 |
I read the 1962 edition. I am unable to find the 1962 edition listed in Library Thing. The difference between the 1962 and 1952 edition is almost 100 changes to the text. The RSV is an excellent read of the Holy Bible. ( )
  shdawson | May 26, 2015 |
Revised Version: In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
The First Book of Moses commonly called Genesis
You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. (Matthew 5:48)
since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this not yours own doing, it is the gift of God -- not because of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
This is the Revised Standard Version of the Bible. Please DO NOT combine this with any other translation, or with incomplete editions (e.g. the New Testament alone), or with versions containing the Apocrypha. Do not combine with "study bibles" containing extensive additional material; copies with ordinary references and "helps" are fine to combine here.

As others have described. A few color illustrations scattered throughout the text. Several maps, pictures of coins & Christian symbols at the back. I chose the closest cover available. The lettering of my copy is the same, but my cover is white leather.
Listed as: Zondervan Publishing House, 1952. Verso of title page does not list ISBN or LC #. I believe this Bible came in an olive green box. It's possible that additional information was on the box.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,370,112 books! | Top bar: Always visible