The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King

The Eyes of the Dragon (original 1987; edition 1987)

by Stephen King

Member:TheRedPoppy
Title:The Eyes of the Dragon
Authors:Stephen King
Info:Signet (1987), Edition: Reissue, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Books I have read, Favorites
Rating:*****

The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King (1987)

Stardust by Neil Gaiman (Scottneumann)
    The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King (sturlington)
    sturlington: Very similar in tone.
    The Gunslinger by Stephen King (ElBarto)
    ElBarto: Wer mit diesem Ausflug Stephen Kings in das Fantasy-Genre etwas anfangen konnte, sollte auch dem Zyklus um den Dunklen Turm eine Chance geben.
    The Thief of Always by Clive Barker (Scottneumann)
    Faerie Tale by Raymond Feist (Scottneumann)
    Inkheart by Cornelia Funke (Booksloth)
    The Adventures of Jack Varty Smith, Book One - The Calling by R.S. Marlow (robertsmarlow)
    robertsmarlow: Classic story about good versus evil involving a mid-evil period of time including wizards and conflict.
    The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas père (keremix)

English (112)  Dutch (2)  French (1)  German (1)  All (116)
I loved this one. I think it was the first King book I had ever read. It's one of my favourites.
It's so different from all his other novels. I love it. ( )
  Shahnareads | Jun 21, 2017 |
This was an interesting fantasy novel from Stephen King. It wasn't what I expected, but I enjoyed it. It had a lot of wit, humor, sarcasm, napkins and boogers. I could have done without the obsession on the last two items, but it was still enjoyable, nonetheless. It was longer than it needed to be, but I didn't think it dragged on too painfully. My favorite part was the ending. It was not what I was expecting, but it made me think, "Yeah, right on!" King made the storyline work very well. ( )
  jguidry | May 27, 2017 |
This is Stephen King's contribution to the fairy tale genre, best suited to older middle-grade readers and young teens. I read it to my 9-year-old (a reread for me). Although not strictly set in the same universe as The Dark Tower books, this would make a good entry point into that series. Admittedly, it is far too long for what it is and could easily be cut by half, with way too much setup, but once it reaches the daring-escape climax, King kicks into high gear and the book becomes unputdownable. The characters were all terrific and, especially important, the dog does not die! When we were done, my son asked me to email Stephen King and get him to work on a sequel right away (ha!). ( )
1 vote sturlington | Apr 7, 2017 |
In the kingdom of Delain, a young prince must struggle against powerful forces to gain his rightful inheritance. ( )
  jrthebutler | Dec 16, 2016 |
this is the first Stephen king book i have read, and i liked it it was different from the movies i have seen by him. It kept me interested and wanting to continue reading. some of the book was predictable others i didnt see coming
  cbloky | Oct 29, 2016 |

King, Stephenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pinchot, BronsonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tamminen, TapioTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This story is for my great friend Ben Straub, and for my daughter, Naomi King.
Once, in a kingdom called Delain, there was a King with two sons.
Perhaps it was luck that saved him, or fate, or those gods he prayed to; I'll not take a stand on the matter.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0451166582, Mass Market Paperback)

A kingdom is in turmoil as the old king dies and his successor must do battle for the throne. Pitted against an evil wizard and a would-be rival, Prince Peter makes a daring escape and rallies the forces of Good to fight for what is rightfully his. This is a masterpiece of classic dragons-and-magic fantasy that only Stephen King could have written!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:44 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,198,284 books! | Top bar: Always visible