The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King

The Eyes of the Dragon (original 1987; edition 1987)

by Stephen King

Member:TheRedPoppy
Title:The Eyes of the Dragon
Authors:Stephen King
Info:Signet (1987), Edition: Reissue, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Books I have read, Favorites
Rating:*****

The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King (1987)

Recently added byprivate library, Jaissec, LunaraDawn, Zetetes, Steve.Bivans, dafinker, ssimon2000
adventure (18) dark fantasy (22) dark tower (80) dragon (20) dragons (72) ebook (18) fairy tale (24) fairy tales (29) fantasy (898) fantasy fiction (16) fiction (577) First Edition (21) hardcover (32) horror (375) King (52) magic (40) mystery (16) novel (66) own (32) owned (18) paperback (51) read (116) science fiction (26) sff (32) Stephen King (129) suspense (27) thriller (21) to-read (56) unread (39) wizards (29)
    Stardust by Neil Gaiman (Scottneumann)
    The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King (sturlington)
    sturlington: Very similar in tone.
    The Thief of Always by Clive Barker (Scottneumann)
    Faerie Tale by Raymond Feist (Scottneumann)
    The Gunslinger by Stephen King (ElBarto)
    ElBarto: Wer mit diesem Ausflug Stephen Kings in das Fantasy-Genre etwas anfangen konnte, sollte auch dem Zyklus um den Dunklen Turm eine Chance geben.
    Inkheart by Cornelia Funke (Booksloth)
    The Adventures of Jack Varty Smith, Book One - The Calling by R.S. Marlow (robertsmarlow)
    robertsmarlow: Classic story about good versus evil involving a mid-evil period of time including wizards and conflict.
    The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas père (keremix)

English (84)  Dutch (2)  French (1)  German (1)  All languages (88)
3.75 stars

Roland is King of Delain and has two sons: Peter is the older son and is heir to the throne; he seems to be everyone's favourite. Thomas is the younger son and is jealous of Peter. Flagg, Roland's magician and advisor knows that he won't be able to stick around once Peter is King, so he has a plan...

I really enjoyed this. Even though I'm not always a fantasy fan, this seemed to be aimed at a YA audience, so it did appeal to me more. It also read a little bit like a fairy tale, which I enjoy. I also liked the little bit of humour inserted every so often. This was my first book on my new Kobo, so it took a little bit to get used to the Kobo initially, but once I settled in with it, I was really able to enjoy it more. If King ever wrote a sequel to it, I'd be interested in reading it. ( )
  LibraryCin | Jul 8, 2014 |
Gorgeous fairy tale/fantasy. I went in with high expectations (loved Dark Tower though not familiar with much of King's other stuff) and was not at all disappointed. Loved every word of it.

Eventually decided I felt a bit meh on the illustrations though. I really, really wanted to love them, they were almost perfect, but the soft edges drove me nuts. ( )
  Ceora | Jun 20, 2014 |
A very fun read. Not so much fantasy in the traditional sense, but more of a fairy tale. ( )
  sweetzombieducky | Feb 14, 2014 |
I could not put this book down until the very end. I was drawn in and lived every moment. ( )
  Dotta | Feb 13, 2014 |
King wrote this for his daughter and it has a mix of fairy tale and fantasy elements with a dark twist. Flagg is an evil magician in a Kingdom he is trying to manipulate into chaos. Peter, the elder brother is imprisoned for killing his father, putting his younger brother on the throne as a Flagg's puppet. I thoroughly enjoyed this. It was excellent on audio. ( )
  hoosgracie | Feb 3, 2014 |

King, Stephenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Tamminen, TapioTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This story is for my great friend Ben Straub, and for my daughter, Naomi King.
Once, in a kingdom called Delain, there was a King with two sons.
Perhaps it was luck that saved him, or fate, or those gods he prayed to; I'll not take a stand on the matter.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0451166582, Mass Market Paperback)

A kingdom is in turmoil as the old king dies and his successor must do battle for the throne. Pitted against an evil wizard and a would-be rival, Prince Peter makes a daring escape and rallies the forces of Good to fight for what is rightfully his. This is a masterpiece of classic dragons-and-magic fantasy that only Stephen King could have written!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:48 -0400)

In the kingdom of Delain, a young prince must struggle against powerful forces to gain his rightful inheritance.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,524,974 books! | Top bar: Always visible